2004 Tundra Adventure Cab - Build/Adventure Thread

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Looking at the angles you were dealing with I wouldn't be able to do that with how my truck is set up now. I'm running on 33's, and I have a DC. My rear bumper would probably get the truck stuck right at the beginning. And I'm not sure how I'd do on that breakover angle at the end....the longer wheelbase might cause an issue there.

High clearance bumper is in the plans for later, but need to get a few other things sorted out first.
A little scraping and you'll be fine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The departure angle on toyota trucks (t100 and gen 1 tundra) is god awful. Even if you trim the body back so the frame is the lowest point its still not great. When I did my custom hitch it helped a lot but its still not great, the rear overhang is to blame.

Sean

toyotech

Expedition Leader
The departure angle on toyota trucks (t100 and gen 1 tundra) is god awful. Even if you trim the body back so the frame is the lowest point its still not great. When I did my custom hitch it helped a lot but its still not great, the rear overhang is to blame.

Sean
Eh I let the rear bumper drag. Why else would I want steel bumpers for the overhang is a lot but I done many things with mine when on 32s. Now on 35s. I clear things a little easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious to see if the manual hubs and 12 hole injectors make any difference in MPG. Kinda hard to compare as you're on 35's now, but if you get 16-18 on the hwy I'll take that as closer to 20mpg or better stock, and worth the upgrade.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Curious to see if the manual hubs and 12 hole injectors make any difference in MPG. Kinda hard to compare as you're on 35's now, but if you get 16-18 on the hwy I'll take that as closer to 20mpg or better stock, and worth the upgrade.
Yeah I need to plan a trip out of town to figure out what kind of MPG I'm getting now. Before all the hubs/injectors mods I was averaging 10-14

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk