2005 118" Sprinter Conversion for Alexander

PaulJensen

Custom Builder
# 25

P1030621.JPG
(above) ...where I left off was laying the floor...At the slider door a header board was custom notched at the end, then poly-u glued down...

P1030622.JPG
(above) Under the 1" overhang a piece of steel L metal was glued and screw to the body...Keeps the wood edge from snapping off...

P1030623.JPG
(above) The bamboo came in 6' lengths so there are no end to end butt joints...

P1030624.JPG
(above) This flooring is all "wood" not an engineered or veneer finish...

P1030625.JPG
(above) My choice might not have been bamboo, but I could make a strong case for it too...

P1030626.JPG
(above) My primary concern would be scratching...Thus the covering while working in it...

P1030627.JPG
(above) All done...I know I skipped some finishing details but the job ran longer than expected and Alex will get it in a day...So I had the camera on the bench and focused on finishing...

P1030628.JPG
(above) The final tour starts here...Driver side rear door...Hooks, panels, tables, pulls, and more...

P1030629.JPG
(above) The twin...

P1030630.JPG
(above) One change...Window slide bolt is now the default hold up for the table...

PaulJensen

Custom Builder
# 25

P1030631.JPG
(above) The hole compartments in the door got the black floor runner treatment...

P1030632.JPG
(above) Welcome to the party...It just needs stocking and a friendly crew...

P1030633.JPG
(above) New is the SS bike chain loop into the cabinet, everything else is just finished finer than before...

P1030634.JPG
(above) Looks easy to clean...

P1030635.JPG
(above) Slider door view...There are bungee cord loops at the lower cabinets...Keeps stuff from sliding on a slidy floor...Reason # 2 bamboo wouldn't be my first choice...

P1030636.JPG
(above) Who want's in...???...

P1030637.JPG
(above) I squared out this corner to offer more floor space on a limited floorplan...There are tie-in loops there too...The speakers down low are Polk 6.5"...The black stuff is ribbed vinyl runner from a Big Box Store...The bamboo edges are channeled or L metal covered...Screws and epoxy hold them on...

P1030638.JPG
(above) Looking back from the Driver seat...It's deceiving from the outside how spacious it is inside...

P1030639.JPG
(above) Wall is sliced 2x4, multiple coats of straight gloss...Impossible to finish perfectly, but I gave it my best shot...Table top too...The window sash pulls are for tie-ons...The flush loops on the cabinet top are if you want to loop and lash something to the wall...

P1030640.JPG
(above) Over there is the kitchen...

PaulJensen

Custom Builder
# 25

P1030641.JPG
(above) Simple works...

P1030642.JPG
(above) Water tank...

P1030643.JPG
(above) Cork lined shelves...

P1030644.JPG
(above) These curtains, the brown ones with the rings that are just wrong...Slide badly and obscure the lighting...

P1030645.JPG
(above) Red and warm white strip LED lighting...Switched separately...Cork on the lid...The automatic fan is a cute gizmo...In my climate a vent/skylight makes more sense...For heat exhaustion a fan seems like an idea worth trying...

P1030646.JPG
(above) A straight bungee is over the slider door for drying a towel, hanging a curtain or maybe a bug screen...Options exist...

P1030647.JPG
(above) All that, is in there...???...

P1030655.JPG
(above) Oh yeah, the bike goes there...

P1030656.JPG
(above) A cord from the bars to the ring keep it from swinging...

P1030657.JPG
(above) Bring on the expedition...!!!...

PaulJensen

Custom Builder
# 25

P1030658.JPG
(above) The black curtains slide way easier and full view of the lights is preserved...

P1030659.JPG
(above) They knot up to keep them from breeze flapping...The bucket is for trash or for those, like my wife, who might need a nighttime potty break...Some say "eww' , Pam says "ahh"...It works for us...

P1030660.JPG
(above) A full tank takes over five long minutes to drain...Plan accordingly...Nice drain alignment, eh Southpier...???...

P1030661.JPG
(above) Clip on awning...

P1030663.JPG
(above) 8x10

P1030664.JPG
(above) 12 volt LED with a long cord...

P1030665.JPG
(above) I'm telling you a 118" never seemed bigger...

P1030666.JPG
(above)Imagine the possibilities...

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Nice.

I like it, nice and simple. Flooring looks good, but not very "grippy" for your stuff. All the comforts of a steel tent and then some.

southpier

Expedition Leader
.... full tank takes over five long minutes to drain...Plan accordingly...Nice drain alignment, eh Southpier...???...

if the goal was to create a water feature for meditation, swell.

a usable sink faucet? what happens when someone puts their hands, or anything else, into the stream? is there a vent on the labyrinth o' pipe, or does it just gurgle?

there's a lot of sharp corners to run into.

SCBrian

Observer
I may have missed it but I didn't see the super secret table feature Paul was working on. Presenting it at pickup?

I would also be more than happy to wash my hands under the sub standard faucet at any time!

I would also like to say I for one have always enjoyed Paul's work on here and on his Blogs. Thanks for sharing this as well as your other projects.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier