2005 F450 Earthroamer XV-LT Extd Cab 40,000 miles 6.0L Diesel No DEF! 4X4 Air Spnsn

CuStOm

Adventurer
For those who may be thinking, there are only two others on the market now, and they are double to treble what we have here. http://earthroamer.com/pre-owned/
If you have to have new, you're out till mid to late next year. Only 140 of these grace our shores, with the occasional meandering and wandering of a couple outside our shores.

Those are much newer units on the new Ford chassis with the 6.7L motor. The 6.0, unfortunately, drags down resale on anything its installed in. I also wonder what "Earthroamer Certified" equates to.

Nice rig though. GLWS.

Plainsmuse

Adventurer
Thanks GLWS.

Certified is an process where ER goes through your rig, and you pay $15grand for the review, and the repair/update expenses found, getting you on their website for resale to be "certified."

Oversimplified, if Bill is reading this, but gains the prestige of being available on the website, and bought by a customer in the market now, who doesn't want to wait till 2016.

pdsftw

Adventurer
The 6.0 REALLY gets a bad rap. Bearing in mind that there are a lot of different state-to-state regulations, for about $4-6K you can totally bulletproof these engines (head studs, egr/dpf/cat deletes, put on a tuner, CCV mod, etc) and they run like a top. There is tons of aftermarket support as well. Stay on top of the filters and fluids and it can easily run 200K. The transmissions are about as good as it gets in class and your dealing with a nice simple solid front and rear axle set up. Yes, there are tons of 6.0 horror stories but IMHO they catch too much heat. All the full size trucks from the big 3 have issues. I think a lot of people step into a diesel thinking they can just change the oil every 10K and be fine...these are unfortunately not cheap things to run properly, but then again a Toyota (which I love) just isnt going to carry a payload like this!

Those are much newer units on the new Ford chassis with the 6.7L motor. The 6.0, unfortunately, drags down resale on anything its installed in. I also wonder what "Earthroamer Certified" equates to.

Nice rig though. GLWS.

Plainsmuse

Adventurer
thanks for the comments, pdsftw, and my 00 Toyo Tundra has 248K miles on her, and still going. I have towed many things with it, just not much for payload;(

If I do those upgrades, I will consider offering this for another $50K. At 43K miles, this vehicle isn't even broken in.

Plainsmuse

Adventurer
Just about sold...

I had a forum member with an Expedition Vehicle write me a private message, and the gist is, "safe travels and good luck on the earth roamer sale (what a bargain!!) "

I concur.

Looking at this and owning a 6.0 powered f450/550 rv on 41" tires I can concur that this is a good deal. Even I'd you do all the upgrades it really is a small % of the purchase price. Good luck to you

adam88

Explorer
+1 on the 6.0L engine. IMO, it is the best Ford engine ever made BESIDES the new Scorpion's. Yes, that's right... even better than the 7.3L. Yes, the 7.3L is legendarily reliable, but it had very little power compared to the 6.0L and it had its own set of issues. The only reason the 7.3L had a reliable legendary following is because it had no emmissions stuff junking it up. The 6.0L, with the emissions stuff removed, is a damn good engine worthy of anything thrown at it :)

IP-Czar

still for sale?

Is this ER still for sale? I sent a PM to the seller with an offer to purchase on the 7th and have heard nothing back…

Plainsmuse

Adventurer
Thanks for your interest. Through a strange set of circumstances, I continue to own. I set out a week late for some harvesting, after a failed meet with a buyer at the prescribed price, as is. We weren't able to connect at that time, and after loading, unloading, reloading, and getting to work a week late, spent money for a replacement RV and missed out on F600 370h V8 with a military 4:31 rear end, cut down to an 8'6" flat bed with dual exhaust stacks out the flat bed behind the cab....grrr...yah! Anyway, lost that opportunity and now have a travel trailer behind the ER.
Add to that, most states updated their DMV computers, likely thru some "clueless cloud group," that doesn't include Earthroamers in their data base. So, I have the title from one state, that isn't being recognized by the next state, and they are holding up the title.
In speaking to ER, they weren't able to find the MSO that could provide me with accurate weight upon manufacture, as each one is customer customized, and differed one from the next, to show that it's more than just a truck. No help forthcoming from the factory.

So, in a peculiar catch 22 kinda way, I continue to enjoy owning. Not having facilities where I can unload the larder, tools, clothes, and what not's, drop the #335lb tire and then run to the nearest weigh scale, then get the local sheriff to sign off on the height and width, and then turn into the state to get my title proves to be more than the camel will bear at this time.

Withdraw from being for sale. Owner is keeping.

Plainsmuse

Adventurer
Update: Mexico Mafiosos Malign Man; Embargado ER

Have won! Want to change to a rental. Would you PM me if you are interested in renting an ER for a week or more? Thanks.

Last edited:

Plainsmuse

Adventurer
Failing to follow wifey orders and chaos purusing...er, Pursuing, i digress for humor

Considering rental of this unit for between $1600 to $3000 a week for those interested. PM for details, along with how to contact. Degree of difficulty of trail and travel is considered, and no technical trails will be permitted at this time with the rig. So, ALASKA anyone?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94