2005 LR3 MAP Sensor Location?

amcjen

Hi there-

I'm attempting to replace the MAP sensor on my LR3, and cannot for the life of me find where it's at. Is it behind the back of the engine, near the transmission dipstick?

I'm working off this illustration, and still at a loss. (Don't get me started on the poor nature of LR's service manual illustrations and lack of detail!)

Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 5.12.39 PM.png

DiscoNels

Adventurer
Oh dude! That thing is a pain in the ass to get to. I took mine off once to clean it and found it was already relatively clean. Won't EVER do that again.

Here's what you need to do. Lay across the top of the engine like you're taking it to the prom, then what I did was use a mirror to see that damn thing. It's back there on the back side of the block. Use a mirror, you'll find it.

X2......Its a ********** to get the screw back in too! Let me see if I can round up a picture for you. It's on the back of the intake manifold, you can see it by stuffing your head back there but you can't put your head there and your hand/tool at the same time unless you're mini-me size!

amcjen

These are super helpful responses, thank you! I thought I was losing my mind looking all over for it.

I did replace the MAF and PCV sensors b/c my head gasket seal blew last year and the rover started running increasingly terrible after having the gasket replaced. Figure I'd change all three, but if the MAP is too hard to get to, forget it. It's already back to normal gas mileage again post-replacement of the other sensors.

Thank you both!
-Allison

These are super helpful responses, thank you! I thought I was losing my mind looking all over for it.

I did replace the MAF and PCV sensors b/c my head gasket seal blew last year and the rover started running increasingly terrible after having the gasket replaced. Figure I'd change all three, but if the MAP is too hard to get to, forget it. It's already back to normal gas mileage again post-replacement of the other sensors.

Thank you both!
-Allison

Allison,

I highly recommend replacing it if you have already replaced all of the other sensors and did head gaskets. It's a cheap fix, a bit complicated, but a cheap fix for a high-mileage vehicle IMO. My sensor was almost completely caked with intake waste when I took it out, I cleaned it off and put it in the spares (trail kit) box and installed a new one.

Worst case scenario, find someone in the local area to help you out.

Just a thought!

E

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles