2005 Silverado 6.0L, heading to Argentina.

Viggen

Just here...
I have the same front suspension setup (when it was stock) on my Yukon XL 2500. I installed a 4" Cognito lift, Fox 2.0 6.5" travel remote reservoir coilovers, and Light Racing jounceshocks (these things are magic). Was originally shooting for 10" of travel but ended up limiting it to about 8.5" travel as durability was more important to me than an extra inch or two of travel. The front suspension is awesome, with the jounceshocks it essentially never bottoms out. The jounceshock/coilover combination is so good that I took off my front sway bar completely and it drives great. It controls sway very well (not as stiff as with the sway bar on) and allows for a true independent front. I just got back from its maiden voyage, 4800 miles or so from the Gulf of Mexico to Northern CO, UT, and a little bit of NV. On rough roads the front suspension vastly outperforms the rear. My rear leafs were custom from Deaver and they have sagged a bit so they are getting into the bump stops too soon. Will need to tweak that. While road testing it I could hit speed bumps/humps at full road speed and the front just soaked it up, the back would kick a bit, but this is a 500lb axle on leaf springs so it is only going to get so good. I have 700lb springs on the front which have settled in with the CV's about level, I may swap springs to get a little more height, but that is the good thing about coilovers, they can be tweaked to your exact needs. Overall ride height is fairly low for a lifted truck but the back end needs a little boost up.

View attachment 425011

View attachment 425012

They do not list this set up. What is it exactly? I am looking at an '03 2500 ECSB.

pawleyk

Running from Monday..
I have the same front suspension setup (when it was stock) on my Yukon XL 2500. I installed a 4" Cognito lift, Fox 2.0 6.5" travel remote reservoir coilovers, and Light Racing jounceshocks (these things are magic). Was originally shooting for 10" of travel but ended up limiting it to about 8.5" travel as durability was more important to me than an extra inch or two of travel. The front suspension is awesome, with the jounceshocks it essentially never bottoms out. The jounceshock/coilover combination is so good that I took off my front sway bar completely and it drives great. It controls sway very well (not as stiff as with the sway bar on) and allows for a true independent front. I just got back from its maiden voyage, 4800 miles or so from the Gulf of Mexico to Northern CO, UT, and a little bit of NV. On rough roads the front suspension vastly outperforms the rear. My rear leafs were custom from Deaver and they have sagged a bit so they are getting into the bump stops too soon. Will need to tweak that. While road testing it I could hit speed bumps/humps at full road speed and the front just soaked it up, the back would kick a bit, but this is a 500lb axle on leaf springs so it is only going to get so good. I have 700lb springs on the front which have settled in with the CV's about level, I may swap springs to get a little more height, but that is the good thing about coilovers, they can be tweaked to your exact needs. Overall ride height is fairly low for a lifted truck but the back end needs a little boost up.

View attachment 425011

View attachment 425012

Hey PGW, what are you using for shocks in the rear?

PGW

Observer
Hey PGW, what are you using for shocks in the rear?

Sorry for the late reply, I am running Fox universal 2.0 remote reservoir shocks 8.5" travel. I'm running a little shorter travel then stock because I cut off the stock axle shock mounts and welded on higher clearance ones. That's also about as much travel as my rear leafs can reliably handle, any more droop and they start to separate. For the rear I would recommend getting vehicle specific shocks, I had to clearance the rear upper shock mounts to fit the universal shocks as the body of the shock is too close to the eye and starts getting into the mount itself. Vehicle specific shocks should have a taller eye which puts the shock body itself down and out of the way.

pawleyk

Running from Monday..
Interesting to see your spare mounted underneath..

Is it a 285/75/17 as well?

Awesome build!

Spare is a matching 285/75/17 on H2 Alloy. I do a 5 tire rotation to help keep the locker happy.

FWIW, the previous 35x12.5x17" tires would also fit under the rig in the factory location. I don't like things hanging off the back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles