2005 Unimog U500 Expedition Camper

IdahoTrout

Observer
Check this out!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/182994910164

seMigwWZLH0zRSvz2

gdaut

Looks similar to the orange one for sale on the GXV website. The orange GXV one has more miles and costs about $100K more. So this may be a "good deal." Now if I can only find $450K.

Joe917

Explorer
Looks similar to the orange one for sale on the GXV website. The orange GXV one has more miles and costs about $100K more. So this may be a "good deal." Now if I can only find $450K.

"The Orange One" has a much nicer interior and appears to have better quality materials, KCT windows for instance compared to standard black aluminum RV windows.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Meh. Some questionable looking fab work and design decisions for this price range IMO

Agreed! It looks like most of the cabin is unfinished plywood,
1.jpg

with thin L-brackets
2.jpg

and wood screws holding every together (putting 4 in does not help)
3.jpg

It must have started in Austrailia with the cabin door on the left.

A pretty weak ad. Ya, the most important thing is it is 16 feet tall when the roof is extended. Wow, my neighbors will be impressed, please take my money.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Top speed is 70mph. perfect quiet cruising speed it 65mph and that is also where is gets its best MPG.

I believe there is a 65 MPH tire speed rating also.
The XZLs that are installed are speed limited to 55 MPH (they are not XZL+). Max Speed is embossed on the side of the tire, no need to look it up.They are also 395/85-20s so 46" diameter not 40" as listed in the auction.
I emailed the seller to let hin know and he said he would 'let marketing know'. I also pointed out that the wheel stubs are too short. At least 1 1/2 threads should show past the top of the lugnut. The stud recessed down in the nut is not a safe setup.

Zybane

Just saw this and had to comment. $450K for something that looks like a guy built it in his garage on the weekends. The Unimog has some value but the cabin is about worthless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke