2007 Fuso FG 4x4 w Custom 14' Expedition Camper (*Sold*)

dtruzinski

Explorer
IMG_4708.jpg
IMG_4702 (1).jpg

If you know anything about the 2007 Fuso FG 4X4, then you know this is that last year Fuso made a real truck. You also know that this truck can be driven anywhere in the world, as it is a pre-emmision commercial rig. This particular truck has not lived in salt air nor been subject to salt infested roads. It grew up in Bend, OR for 11K miles and spent the last 24K miles based in Livingston MT. We barely sand our snow covered roads! The last 24K were predominantly spent in MT and WY (Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Tetons). The truck has 35k original miles and is licensed in Montana. You can buy this now just as the camping season is starting. Candidly, we typically camp in the winter and snow and this is set up to withstand extreme cold and harsh conditions. All diesel and DC appliances complemented by massive amounts of solar, refrigeration, fuel, and water carrying capacity. Have an adventure planned? Then let's discuss.

Chassis 2007 Fuso FG 4x4
*5 speed manual transmission
*2 speed Hi/Lo transfer case - shift on the fly
*Locking hubs
* 4.9L Diesel
* positraction
* NO DEF :)
* block heater, ABS, heated mirrors, AC
* Earthcruiser springs and Radflo shocks
* (5) Earthcruiser aluminum 6 stud wheels
* (5) Duratrac 315x75x16
* ~ 60 gal fuel - 2 tanks
* 2 starter batteries
* 2 lockable alum tool boxes mounted at rear
* Custom rear bumper and swing out tire mount
* EGR block off plates are included, but they are not installed.
* Also have new rubber gaskets for both doors
* Fuso factory repair manual (CD) or PDF if you prefer

The Expedition Camper
* Outside Dim approx: 13' 5" x 6'11", approx inside Dim 13' x 6.5' (60" bed width, 60" kitchen, 36" dining)
* NO propane all diesel and DC appliances
* 520w solar - while you can plug into shore power, for the past two years I have not needed to...not even when parked for extended periods of time
* 3 Optima Yellow top Optima house batteries
* 41L DC freezer (Indel)
*75L DC refrigerator (Indel)
* Espar hydronic heater with two interior radiators and 2 sets of fans - heats while driving and has a diesel fired system to heat when not using the main engine. This solution allows you to pre-heat your engine on those freezing cold mornings. It also heats the water in the water heater (see next item)
* Isotherm 6g water heater
* Wallas diesel stove - 2 burner
* Queen mattress (pillow top)
* Full shower and private cassette toilet
* Flip-down dining table converts to 2nd bed
* Maxair fan (this is awesome to bring air in or exhaust air out!)
* insulated
* luan panels throughout
* 40g fresh water tank mounted inside
* new water pump
* new plumbing lines
* LED interior lighting
* exterior lighting (LED)
* lots of storage
* air compressor
* battery combiner (charge from alternator or solar, both house and/or chassis batteries)
* inverter (installed,never used)
* 3 point mounting system with custom bump-stops to control sway and create better road manners

What's wrong with this?
* typical scratches on all 4 camper windows from high brush/branches. Cosmetic.
* front bumper is original steel and is not perfect. Hit a deer...you can hardly tell.
* I mounted the solar meter in a hard to see place under the seat (it is a PIA to get on your knees to see the readout, but I only check once a month)
* Needs new linoleum. I put in cheap stuff from HD and regret it.
* When I replaced the Wallas stove, I cracked the formica counter top in the back right corner. Forgot about it until I was taking some pics for an expo member
* Did I mention it was a stick shift...my wife hates shifting these days although that's what we grew up with

Here is the build thread. Note this starts with a 2004, but quickly you will see that I purchased a one-owner 2007 with 11k miles and swapped the camper. http://forum.expeditionportal.com/threads/142911-2007-Fuso-w-Custom-Camper-Updating-amp-Travels

Comes with all receipts, manuals, and at least 2 hours of personal instruction on the banks of the Yellowstone River in Montana (heck that alone is priceless)

If you are a serious buyer send me an email me at dave@truzinski.com. I am open to forum feedback, but no haters please:)

Price :$96,000

4/25 - dropped price and updated descriptions
5/7 - corrected volume of refrigerator and freezer
5/12 - added a couple of pics, updated description, and dropped the price!

Attachments

• IMG_4709.jpg
    IMG_4709.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_4702.jpg
    IMG_4702.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:

dtruzinski

Explorer
Here's a pic which was taken in the Tetons. If you look closely, you will see the slight damage to the front bumper.

Attachments

• IMG_5001.jpg
    IMG_5001.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 659

dtruzinski

Explorer
The exterior has not been washed since last use. Seats 3. A/C blows cold, heater works great. Yes I need to remove the oxidation on the wheels and it needs a good bath and wax. Custom rear bumper, tire carrier, and external tool boxes (both sides). Large rear storage garage behind spare tire

Attachments

• DriverSideView.jpg
    DriverSideView.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 643
  • RearView.jpg
    RearView.jpg
    312 KB · Views: 642
  • PassengerSideView.jpg
    PassengerSideView.jpg
    380.6 KB · Views: 601
  • DriverSideFrameView.jpg
    DriverSideFrameView.jpg
    356.9 KB · Views: 598
  • PassengerSideFrameView.jpg
    PassengerSideFrameView.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 604
  • DriversSeat.jpg
    DriversSeat.jpg
    345 KB · Views: 586
  • PassengerSideViewCab.jpg
    PassengerSideViewCab.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 571
  • DashView.jpg
    DashView.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 605
  • CustomBumperTireCarrier.jpg
    CustomBumperTireCarrier.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 612
  • DriversSideCab.jpg
    DriversSideCab.jpg
    291.7 KB · Views: 600

dtruzinski

Explorer
Camper Interior Pics: dining table drops down to make second bed (note the brown board in pic...this is the extra piece to make the bed). Wallas diesel stove, large deep sink. Full bathroom with shower. All LED lighting. Lots of storage: overhead in bedroom, overhead in kitchen, beneath counter in kitchen, under passenger side dining seat and under the bed. Freezer (90L) is built into the center of the kitchen surface area (between stove and sink) and the large 135L refrigerator is under the driver side dining seat.

Attachments

• DiningArea.jpg
    DiningArea.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 649
  • KitchenUpperCabs.jpg
    KitchenUpperCabs.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 579
  • Kitchen.jpg
    Kitchen.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 605
  • BedroomPassengerSide.jpg
    BedroomPassengerSide.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 611
  • BedroomDriverSide.jpg
    BedroomDriverSide.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 569
  • KitchenBedroom.jpg
    KitchenBedroom.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 597
  • Bathroom.jpg
    Bathroom.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 605
  • Sink.jpg
    Sink.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 599
  • ElectricalPanel.jpg
    ElectricalPanel.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 569
  • BedroomStorage&Heater.jpg
    BedroomStorage&Heater.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 554
Last edited:

dtruzinski

Explorer
A couple of updates to questions I have received.

On MPG...If you cruise the interstate at 65 MPH+ you will get 10-11 MPG. Cut the speed and tour like we do in Yellowstone/Tetons and you will see 13-15 MPG.

The last time we weighted the truck, we were fully loaded with supplies for two weeks of traveling. 60+g of fuel and 51g of water, two adults, and enough tools to rebuild an engine! Our weight slip was 12480 which is significantly below the 14050 rating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94