2007 Grand Cherokee 3.0L 4x4 (WK)

vingtsun

Does anyone use the Jeep WK as an offroad/overlanding vehicle?

I am seeking any advice/opinions that you have concerning this vehicle.

I see a plethora of videos where, using quadra-drive II, the WK can overcome almost anything. But want to hear from actual owners.

So, if you own a WK and want to share any/all experiences, I shall forever be grateful!

Thanks

Rick

jpat30

Adventurer

Here is a fantastic build up of a WK from a member here on the portal. Makes for very informative reading.

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Just a quick update. My WK CRD is officially a deer eater/killer. Hit one the other night doing 35mph. Happened so fast that I did not even hit the brakes. Front of the Jeep and 4xGuard Maxtrix Bumper/skid plate took a good hit and pushed the deer down where I ran over it. The only thing broken was the black plastic spoiler. Deer was dead.

Charles R

Adventurer
My camper!

70598403_2402971506460703_1103221792324976640_n.jpg

In action!

Just a quick update. My WK CRD is officially a deer eater/killer. Hit one the other night doing 35mph. Happened so fast that I did not even hit the brakes. Front of the Jeep and 4xGuard Maxtrix Bumper/skid plate took a good hit and pushed the deer down where I ran over it. The only thing broken was the black plastic spoiler. Deer was dead.
Good to hear that the bumper took the hit well.

For the OP:
https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/06-grand-cherokee-build.201640/

I haven't updated the thread in a while, but I've been out to the spillway at Disney/Langley in Oklahoma several times with this Jeep. Haven't done much out there since the major floods earlier this year. Much of the landscape out there changed drastically. FWIW, I've had an XJ and a JK. The WK keeps up with them just fine. You just have more work to do to get the kind of clearances and angles needed to handle the rougher terrain that a JK would be able to handle right off the showroom floor. The Grand is much more comfortable in any case.

Utah KJ

Free State of Florida
This is mine. The CRD is the only reason to own a WK in my opinion. The RTT is no longer mounted, I have a trailer I pull down the trails now.
It’s lifted 6” using a combination of SuperLift, OME, and RC parts. The bumpers are ARB and Wam with swing arm.
187e010d7056e60e491a2fdd971d06ca.jpg

7da7bca37b9ccdfb22e863b0cf5da4dd.jpg

22cc34f3ca000ddb20a0826ee434a449.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vingtsun

I only have ~150K. I added a 2" OME heavy duty springs and shocks, JBA upper control arms, and JCR rock sliders. Next up is armor although JBA offroad has stopped producing/selling their popular 4XGuard line concentrating on their upper control arms - a pity! Getting setup for a trip, and possible move, from the east coast to either Nevada or Arizona - life is too short not to be on the trails!

That's a shame about the 4XGuard stuff being discontinued. I got the belly guard from them back in February. Might look at Steel Armadillo. I was eyeing some of their stuff around that time. Neat thing about them is that most of their armor pieces are also available in aluminum, which could save a lot of weight.

jeepgc

Adventurer
Hi Vingtsun,

Check out this thread:

Last edited:

jeepgc

Adventurer
And this one too, a lot us that have(had?) WK's for expo vehicles contributed to that thread.

Not sure how many of us are still on here with the same WKs.

I still have mine, but since the family decided to have 2 dogs, our adventures dried up :), we also bought a 2010 Limited S diesel which is in excellent condition with a little over 52K miles as our Hemi started having a few issues :-( it's running well now :)

jeepgc

Adventurer
And still looking good Scootr!! Had a look through your thread, glad to hear that your WK is still going strong.

@vingtsun - how about posting up some pics?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles