2007 Jeep JK Photography, Africa & Moab

Dave

Explorer
I thought the TJ shock mounts were fairly even with the bottom of the axle tube, but I admit that it's been a while since I've looked at the shock mount on a TJ.

I haven't had a chance to go over a new Wrangler in person yet, wish I could answer the bar pin question.

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
There are presumed benefits to the new shock position. Since the shocks are moved further outboard, and closer to the wheels, they should be slightly less prone to getting hung up on the terrain. Also, the "sea leg" orientation actually aids vehicle stability by widening the stance at the axle, thereby providing better ride control ... aaannd I kinda stole that info. :coffee:

Here is my real life contribution to this thread. I almost lost a flip-flop getting this picture! :p

242768974_13f6b0de8b.jpg

Wanderlusty

Explorer
ZooJunkie said:
Anyone seen the MSRP for this 4 door?

Depends what trim level. Jeep.com has pricing information out there now. A 4 door Rubi supposedly starts around $28K. With the right rebates and such, a nice one should be able to be had for mid-20's...

:drool:

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
I went up the dealer about 2 weeks ago. THey had 6 4 doors on the lot. I was really pleased with the interior room both for the driver and rear passengers. I would definetly consider buying one of these. I kind of look at it as a cherokee replacement in the 4 door version. Visibility was much better then an fj and the rubi model will be very capable. I would think this could be an excellent platform for an expo rig in the 4 door. + add the nicety of a convertible top when conditions are good.

Sticker on the 4wd non rubi was 22k which I thought was a deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior