2007 Jeep Wrangler

Wanderlusty

Explorer
Mebby due to moving up to an 18 inch rim? Just a guess?

The rims look cool, but I dunno if I wanna pay for a 32X10.5X18.... what a strange size...

Life_in_4Lo

Explorer
cshontz said:
Pictures and some information regarding the 2007 Jeep Wrangler have been leaked before the embargo was lifted. They were published in the February issue of MPG magazine. I'm still excited to see the official photography from DC.

NOTE: These linked pictures may expire, but I'm sure there will be more to come in the near future.

Jeep3.jpg

There are some design cues that will take some getting use to, but overall, I am pleased with the next generation Jeep Wrangler.

Looks good. The only things I dont like are
1. Front grille is too rounded and headlights look too small. I think it looks a tad feminine compared to the rest of the vehicle

2. steering wheel/busy interior. I know the retro thing is cool but, personally, the stick-spoke wheel and overly busy interior seem destined to be quickly dated.
Incidentally, is the steering wheel a part recycle from the PT Cruiser?

Overall, I like it as they didn't stray from the winning formula of the older Rubicon.
The 4Dr will be very cool, very tempting

CLynn85

Explorer
Overall I like it, the flares are really the only thing I'm not keen on but they're removable!!!!!!!! And I'm sure bestop or someone will make some cool replacements.

I can't wait to get my hands on a 4-door one!

S

Scenic WonderRunner

I've never really been a huge Jeep fan.....although I know they can tame the tuffest of trails.

In the pics in the above post..........I'm seeing a 2007 Rubicon..............it looks like Jeep is playing with the "Front Grill"....!

I would say this is a major NO~NO!...........They better be real careful with this or they will pay a price! Even I know that.....and I've never owned a Jeep!

Scott Brady

Founder
The 4-door version is pretty exciting to me. With the Rubicon package and large tires, it will be a killer machine.

VERY TEMPTING...

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
Very tempting but what engine will be powering that vehicle?

The V6 will be underpowered in that larger vehicle I think...

Scott Brady

Founder
Is the 3.7 Reliable?

I have never been a big fan of powerful motors. I have only owned one with more than 200hp, and that is my Trooper (much bigger vehicle).

I actualy prefer the smaller motors for fuel economy and parts durability.

If they offer the diesel, the deal is done!

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
calamaridog said:
The V6 will be underpowered in that larger vehicle I think...

I can't remember where I read it, but there is a rumor that they will offer a more powerful engine as an option for the four-door.

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
Scott,

I'm not a fan of "powerful" engines either, which is why I have a Toyota:exclaim: The 4.7 I-force V8 is adequate to move the heavy 100 series, but no more.

With that being said, it would be nice if they offered the small 4.7 V8 as an option on the larger 4 door Jeep. I love choices:jumping: and I think this thing will be heavy.

Remember, they are using a different 3.8 V6 in the new Wrangler than the one offered in the Liberty, Dakota, and Durrango which is 3.7L and is related to the 4.7L V8.

I am a fan of that family of motors, I've had good luck with my 3.7L and my dad put a ton of miles on a work vehicle equipped with the 4.7L and no engine problems.

I noticed they are using power windows now on the Wrangler? Not wild about that. The power windows on the Liberty have given us problems.

I would also consider a 4 door Wrangler as a replacement for the Liberty at a later date. My wife has always wanted a Wrangler.

And yes, the diesel would attract a ton of people I believe. The problem is still that the 2.8 CRD is only rated 45 state emmissions legal right now:(

OutbacKamper

Supporting Sponsor
expeditionswest said:

If they offer the diesel, the deal is done!

This according to "Just 4x4s" (an Aussie magazine that contains a few articles but is mostly just For Sale ads for used 4x4's) regarding the new Jeep Wrangler

"The new Wrangler will come to Australia with a diesel engine for the first time..."

So, IF this is correct it will be yet another example of the Aussies getting a diesel that is not available in North America. If this does happen, I can see a few wrecked 2007 diesel jeeps finding there way to North America for some engine swaps.
Cheers
Mark

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
Wow! Way to scoop, Carl. :)

My first impression is that the four door Wrangler is ... not necessarily ugly, but ... is of unique form, and seems to have some awkward lines. The rear door almost looks like it is squeezed in there as an afterthought. And of course could they have equipped it with smaller street tires?

These idiosyncracies aside, if I end up shopping for a 2007 or later Jeep Wrangler, I'd probably consider the four-door over the two-door. I'm sure there will be vast aftermarket support, and I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually see it equipped with a diesel. In the meantime, I'm quite content with my Cherokee.

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
I saw a four door being tested in Michigan's UP back in January and it looked better in person. Plus the one I saw I believe was a Rubicon test mule, as it had the Rubi wheels and what looked to be 31'ish tires on it. It was camouflaged but not very well and I got a good look at it, plus the two door version.

Scott Brady

Founder
I really like that 4-Door. Cool hinges and removable top. Solid axle too.

Give me a diesel and that might seal the deal!!!! It would be a perfect Trooper replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94