2007 Jumping Jack Build

Semi-Hex

Enfant Terrible
Looking at your pic, I see that you already have a 1” lift block on the trailer. Someone else I talked to, measured and ordered a new Dexter torsion with the 45° angle, added some lift, got the six lug hubs and was very happy.
These axles are not very expensive and you won’t be having any issues. Or have a trailer repair shop do it for you. These trailers are really built to last.

Xodius

Adventurer
I was wondering if that block was factory or not.

There are a couple of axles I have saved for future plans...maybe I should look at that again and move those plans to this trailer.

Thank you! Hey did you ever clean out your garage and find any other accessories you were going to get rid of?

trint99

Reviving this thread! Just bought my JJ. Picking it up next week. 6x12 with an 8' tent. We'll be hauling a RZR 800 on top.

Camping in Summit County, CO, I'm 100% sure I'll need to level it out more than the factory jacks will do. @Semi-Hex do you have any project pics of how you attached your rear jacks? Thanks.

dnellans

Adventurer
Reviving this thread! Just bought my JJ. Picking it up next week. 6x12 with an 8' tent. We'll be hauling a RZR 800 on top.

Camping in Summit County, CO, I'm 100% sure I'll need to level it out more than the factory jacks will do. @Semi-Hex do you have any project pics of how you attached your rear jacks? Thanks.

But where are the pictures? New, Used?

Xodius - I've got a set of the ATV loading bars for my JJ that I'm never going to use (dirtbikes not ATV's in our life) if you have any need for them

trint99

But where are the pictures? New, Used?

I looked around for used for about six months, but never found anything in the size I wanted. And used is not all that cheaper than new for these things. (Same problem I had when I bought my Tacoma.) I haven't taken delivery yet, but, as it develops, there will be pics. Oh yes. There will be pics.

trint99

I had a hair-raising time tonight trying to load our RZR 800 onto the JJ for the first time. I picked up some 7.5 foot aluminum ramps rated for 750 each (so, 1500 pounds, right?!). They were too short. I did a little hardware store fabrication and added some wood to make them 10.5 feet. Got the RZR up, but there was a LOT of flex. Unloading, I bottomed out (break over angle) and had to power through, dragging the skid plate. I made it down and found out why. The driver side ramp had bent pretty badly (the wood held, the aluminum failed). So now, I'm shopping for *real* 10+ foot ramps. I'd rather not spend $700. Anybody here load a 1000 pound side-by-side on their JJ? What ramps?!

dnellans

Adventurer
I only load the dirtbikes <=250lbs wet up a 10 foot folding AL ramp and even then the ramp flexes more than i'd really like while riding or walking on it. Is it going to break, probably not, but its definitely not confidence inspiring.

Can you live with steel versus AL?

trint99

Problem is that even at 10 feet, I'm very close to bottoming out on the break-over angle (mostly because of the 3 inch drop as soon as the front wheels are on the trailer). So, I'm looking at 12 foot ramp$$$. A steal ramp that big would weigh a ton and not be much cheaper. I think I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and fork out that cash. *sigh*

trint99

Promised pics. Purchase day.

20180607_123520.jpg

20180607_183359.jpg

First, and most obvious mods: Longer pulls strings for the tent cover and rubber "step grip" stuff to stop metal-on-metal when the "wings" are folded in.

20180607_190305.jpg

20180610_085416.jpg

dnellans

Adventurer
Ha - I love the rubber dampening mods and the paracord loops... What a great idea! :p

I didn't realizer that the bigger models still had the same size tent as the original 6x9. That actually gives you a lot of room under the top to put coolers, gas cans, or whatever else.

trint99

I didn't realizer that the bigger models still had the same size tent as the original 6x9. That actually gives you a lot of room under the top to put coolers, gas cans, or whatever else.

There is a 12 foot tent. It's huge-mungous. We didn't need that much tent, but we did need that much trailer. As a bonus, we get the "porch" and some hauling storage.

trint99

Shake out trip this weekend. Hauling only. Didn't open the tent. Trailer pulled flawlessly on highway, off road, and home again (in pouring rain).

I can tell it's heavier than my old utility trailer, but not too heavy for the Taco.

Offroad it WAY out performed my old trailer. Ground clearance for miles and tandem torsion axles made most of the rocks and holes disappear.

20180616_Loaded.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier