2007 Pajero shorty build thread

Cruisn

Adventurer
Well 1 tiny package arrived today and I also have been starting to do some small repairs/prep work. Got the trans temp sensor moved to the correct output. did a quick epoxy fix on the intercooler just to keep it moving for the next few days. I also found a welder to make some cuts for the intercooler install. Now I just need to find some bolts that are 1.25 pitch which is proving difficult in armenia..

And Finished, always lovely working in the rain.

As for new goodies, I got some brass valve stems that are shorter so there is no chance of them being hit off, although it has never been an issue, its always in the back of my head. so figured I would jsut bite the bullet and make it not a problem.

Then I did get sick of deflating airbags at night to level the wagon and then redoing it in the morning, so I grabbed this ARB inflator kit. I will just program it to my air bag pressures and leave it permanently hooked up, no more dirty knees while inflating.

Cruisn

Adventurer
Well as per usual, it doesn't take me long to dig my teeth into the work. Today I installed the air pressure controller. With the setup I have t pieces in the rear to ensure I can still use the shrader valves if there is any issues with the electronics. During testing, I found it was 1.5psi different from my gauge, which I am accounting for now. As an extra fail safe I have set the system pressure limit at 34psi, so regardless, it will not over inflate the bags. overall quite happy with the setup. put the bags at 20psi and will see the leak down tomorrow. this is mainly to help with slight leveling at camp, sick of leaning under the car to reinflate in the morning. Plus.. maybe a bit of wank factor. I know this install isn't as nice as most of my work, but I am in Armenia working out of the smallest tool bag, plus a lot of things that you get in Australia just don't exist here.

All setup:

Hoses in the rear:

System screen shot:

And a shout out to Toyota... yes Toyota.. only place in Yerevan I could get my hands on 1.25 pitch bolts, went to 30 shops over the last 3 days so I went with the hail mary. The service guys came through and gave me a handful of bolts for free and wished me well on my trip, the service is so much better than Mitsu sorry to say. I dont even bother with the Mitsu dealership here.

Cruisn

Adventurer
Small update today, Got some colby valve stems, they are full brass and install from the outside. Glad I changed them as my old ones were showing cracks. These are also a lot shorter.

Oops:

Old stems that had issues:

Comparing old vs new

Cruisn

Adventurer
Last bit of work until my parts arrive. Got all the roof load back on top and opened the tent for a air out and to put all the sheets back in.

kms to date:

And the front bash plate, 4mm mild steel from bush skinz. I am happy I have it as it is taking an absolute copping. even then it still dented enough to smash my intercooler.

Cruisn

Adventurer
Well, things are finally going well! well half well. DHL had to split my package up and I was at least able to get the first box out of customs today. it was quick and painless, maybe 45 minutes, if that. Which made me very happy. and the people were very polite and friendly. And I lucked out and the place I am staying lets me use the garage, which has a pit underneath so that will be great for servicing tomorrow.

So I basically got my fan and hub clutch, a heap of clips for the interior to redo all the scuff plates, rear door cover and heater controls, all have come loose from removing them multiple times for modifications. some of the intercooler parts arrived, but not the critical bit. Got a new bottom half of the air box as mine is broken (has been for 4 years) so it will be nice not to need zip ties to hold it shut.

I also have new door stops, as we were both sick of the door smacking our ass on its own.

I had my fuel filter pump/support fail on me as well, 1 completely cracked off and the other was about to fail, but fail from the bottom up which I found weird.

And my rig is the poster child for sola panels!!! WOOOO

Cruisn

Adventurer
Today was huge, all customs work got sorted and before I knew it I had a giant box in the car with me... ohhh yes all the goodies

Mandatory floor photo:

Todays big job was getting the new jonnytig intercooler installed. and boy he was not kidding when he said it was tight. I still need to come up with a better solution for the coolant overflow as it fowls on the pip and is currently zip tied out of the way. but it looks awesome.

I had to modify the trans cooler top mount as the cooler is larger than later models. apparently since mine ends with an 8 vs 9 for that part number it is about 40mm overall larger. but a few bends and away we went.

Also installed a new lower airbox and resealed my snorkel, mine had both clips broken on the engine side so it could seal properly, although zip ties have helped greatly. She looks a little rough but it is sealed.

Passenger side:

Got a service completed as well plus new hardware on the bash plates. so all I need to do tomorrow is install the rear door strut and the transmission skid plate and she is ready to be packed and cleaned.

Cruisn

Adventurer
And thats a wrap for now gentlemen, today I refitted the trans bash plate, and thanks to bushskinz i have all the required parts after a service center lost a piece. so that was great. Also modified the jack to slot into its place and even ordered a new bolt, so that should now be 1 less rattle. and of course, the dreaded rear strut, I think this is strut #3... bent 1 and exploded 1... lets see if I do better.

And a final pack is going on. Cat approves of the tent and settled right in. Tomorrow I head towards Georgia. Not before a car wash though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz