2007 Sequoia...aka The BigTree

FJR Colorado

Explorer
Cool thread. Great vehicle.

I've thought about building up my 2001 Limited Sequoia. It would be nice to have the 4.7L V8 and just a 118" wheelbase. As opposed to my Tundra Doublecab, which has a 140.5" wheelbase. I love the Tundy but it turns like an aircraft carrier.

Heck, the Big Tree isn't all that much longer than my FJC (105.9") or a 2016 4Runner (110").

The one bummer would be lack of a front or rear locker... no A-trac... no nothin'....

Any plans on this build to do something like a rear locker?

johnnyG

Observer
Nice truck. I drive a 1st gen tundra and prefer it over my 80 series for daily driving in every possible way. I've been needing to buy a newer vehicle for the wife and have been going back and forth between 1st gen sequoia and 100 series cruiser. This thread is certainly making me feel good about the sequoia...:)

fireball

Explorer
I will be looking forward to hearing about your experience with the suspension.

We just got an '06 Sequoia for my wife. She's been driving our LC around and it gets terrible mileage and I'd like to keep it setup for camping and trips instead of grocery runs. The Sequoia will stay stock for now (famous last words!) unless we fall in love with the extra space and decide to start building it up and using it for big trips instead of the LC.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
I spoke with him in July great guy. He had some ideas for a rear bumper design but didnt have time to fool with it. I was very very close to picking up a front bumper given our stock one was split and damaged. Got lucky local body shop was able to ABS weld and fix it $600 fixed and painted. If it was a $1200 deal Bruce would have been building up a bumper for me and a little Fresno trip to pick it up.

For sure give him a call.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
I will be looking forward to hearing about your experience with the suspension.

We just got an '06 Sequoia for my wife. She's been driving our LC around and it gets terrible mileage and I'd like to keep it setup for camping and trips instead of grocery runs. The Sequoia will stay stock for now (famous last words!) unless we fall in love with the extra space and decide to start building it up and using it for big trips instead of the LC.

Sold our cherry 93 LC with 150,000 miles on it for the 07 Sequoia. Ride comfort and 3rd row space were the big reasons. The 4.7 power and the 13mpg jump to 17-18mpg on road trips was really nice. In stock form with running boards ditched its pretty good the downer is no rear locker, that was the only weakness I had wheeling with a group of Gwagen guys in Tahoe.

drobb

Adventurer
Hey Dro what tires are you running? I went stock size but put some BFG Rugged Terrains. They've been OK mileage didn't seem to be bothered much we still see 17mpg on road trips no roof rack gear etc. I might be tempted to go up one size next time around if the mileage hit isn't too big. 07 limited with 86,000 miles on it. Super clean CA rig. Zero rust

Sorry I have been m.i.a. ......we bought a fixer upper house :) I'm running General Grabber AT2s 265/70/17 so far the tires are AWESOME!.....I have run BFGs on all my trucks and I would consider these an equal. We had the Sequoia alllllllllllllllllll over the SoCal desert and Mammoth Mtn this past year. Tires and Sequoia never let me down. BTW.....NICE setup BigTree!!!!!!

BigTree4X4

Roaming Nowhere
I know the feeling of buying a fixer upper. We just did the same. I've had the suspension for a few months and it just sits in the garage cause my free time is spent working on the house. But I did manage to get out this morning with my 2 year old son and do a little southern AZ exploring.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Love the bumper. Looks very good. I been waiting a sequoia myself to go with my tundra. Interested in your front coil overs tho!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz