2007 Sequoia...aka The BigTree

drobb

Adventurer
Hey Tree.....Did you mount the roof rack to the existing Sequoia crossbars? Also, how is the hood glare from the lights? They seem to be mounted a little farther back from the usual windshield edge.....looks good!!!

BigTree4X4

Roaming Nowhere
Hey Tree.....Did you mount the roof rack to the existing Sequoia crossbars? Also, how is the hood glare from the lights? They seem to be mounted a little farther back from the usual windshield edge.....looks good!!!

Thanks. Yeah it's attached to the factory cross bars. It does bounce slightly when the rack is empty. When it's loaded with gear it does better. The glare is not really a factor, I think them being back a little does help.

soazchad

Chadman
I know the feeling of buying a fixer upper. We just did the same. I've had the suspension for a few months and it just sits in the garage cause my free time is spent working on the house. But I did manage to get out this morning with my 2 year old son and do a little southern AZ exploring.

View attachment 316906
View attachment 316905

Nice Sequoia! My Dad has a super clean 2002 with 130k and he is the original owner, always maintained at Toyota since new. Just waiting for the day he says he wants to sell it! Especially now that I've seen what you've done with yours.

character zero

dangerfoot
I saw a nicely built Sequoia here yesterday in west Austin TX...tan, black 8 hole wheels with MTs, basket on top. Looked really nice, I'd love to see yours in person.

godspyro

Just spoke with Billy tonight and it sounds like he just needs someone local (Fresno?) That can leave a Sequoia with him long enough for him to build up a rear bumper and then he will have a design all us non local guys can buy.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Just spoke with Billy tonight and it sounds like he just needs someone local (Fresno?) That can leave a Sequoia with him long enough for him to build up a rear bumper and then he will have a design all us non local guys can buy.

Yup Fresno CA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Retired Tanker

Explorer

I had the bumper cover off this weekend repairing a tear with some fiberglass. I was wondering how much metal work and re-plumbing was involved when you installed that bumper.

Specifically, where did you relocate the steering line "cooling tube" to?

What was done with the cross piece that sits midway up the grill opening? If removed, do the metal supports bolt to the new bumper?

I notice you don't have a winch, and you might not need one; but if I wanted to install it with that bumper, would I be able to install it on the same plane as the frame ends?

Any trimming required on the original sheet metal?

Anything else I haven't mentioned that you think I need to know?

Thanks.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
I had the bumper cover off this weekend repairing a tear with some fiberglass. I was wondering how much metal work and re-plumbing was involved when you installed that bumper.

What was done with the cross piece that sits midway up the grill opening? If removed, do the metal supports bolt to the new bumper?

I notice you don't have a winch, and you might not need one; but if I wanted to install it with that bumper, would I be able to install it on the same plane as the frame ends?

Thanks.

100% bolt on. No modifications to the vehicle. Just need to trim the plastic wheel wells. Steering cooler lines are somewhat relocated with included bracket. Nothing needed to change with grill. Bumper comes with a metal replacement to complete the lower grill. Can install winch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BigTree4X4

Roaming Nowhere

Thanks.

Like Toyotec said it doesn't require any body mods at all. I just used a few zip ties to hold lines back to what ever cross member was there. And then once bumper was on I just got a pair of sheers and cut inner fender liner to match new bumper. It took me maybe an hour to do the entire removal and install by myself. probably 75% of the time is used to remove factory stuff and the 25% to install new bumper and trim fender well liner. It's super easy and you will not regret getting one I promise you.

Retired Tanker

Explorer
Like Toyotec said it doesn't require any body mods at all. I just used a few zip ties to hold lines back to what ever cross member was there. And then once bumper was on I just got a pair of sheers and cut inner fender liner to match new bumper. It took me maybe an hour to do the entire removal and install by myself. probably 75% of the time is used to remove factory stuff and the 25% to install new bumper and trim fender well liner. It's super easy and you will not regret getting one I promise you.

I'm tracking. Will probably pull the trigger this spring.

Thanks!

Retired Tanker

Explorer
This guy's jealous...:drool:

It's on my list, but I've got some other mods in mind first. I'm probably going to do the coil-overs and shocks first (because it needs them anyway). Then spacers, wheels, and 33's. Those choices make sense regardless of how far I go with the mods.

The bumper will likely be next, although I am considering building one. I'm still on the fence on whether I want to limit myself to soft-roading, and if I do, do I really need the off-road bumper and winch.

Well I got my front bumper on order with Bruteforce he said it'll be around 4 weeks :) can't wait

bctriple3

hehe I am just a little younger and faster than you haha Retired Tanker....Anyway BigTree4x4, spring is almost here and it is time to come out in the sun. Show us some more mod like 35s? haha I wonder what would it take to fit 35s and do we have to regear for that since the TREE come with v8 plenty of horse to push those 35s....personally I think the 33s still look kinda small for the Tree for look wise. 35s should be better but I think the Tree is gonna get 9-10 mpg with all the gears during expo trip Ouch!

attachment.php

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94