2008 Earthroamer for sale

adam88

Explorer
As you can all see the vehicle is sold and I have accumulated one dissatisfied interested party.

Honesty, you share some of the blame by underpricing it. Frankly the whole situation is weird. Why did you even bother registering a domain name "earthroamer-for-sale.com" and building a marketing website? The fact you felt you had to market this vehicle at a price of $90k indicates to me that you legitimately thought it was not worth more. I tried to warn you.

It sure is funny how all the drama on this forum always revolves around earthroamer's.

apalazzolo

A contract, especially verbal, is only as strong as people behind it and it appears seller was very unethical and immoral IMHO.

This is very clearly untrue. Contracts are enforceable in courts of law. Not all, but many verbal contracts are just as enforceable as written contracts. The big question is whether the buyer will seek legal redress or the buyer will consider it more trouble than it is worth.

maxbergi

If it went down as Maxbergi said, pretty ghetto move by the seller.

Well, since you are asking, here is a bit of the proof. Email I got from rob this morning and I was ready sign, pay deposit and move the sale forward.

Out of courtesy (yes, I do have some) I removed Vin and License plate number

Attachments

• sale.png
    sale.png
    86.1 KB · Views: 482

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
Very awkwardly handled transaction certainly - it all comes down to the communication.

If something is listed underpriced then the seller could pull the ad and relist, or simply edit the ad, and it's all in the explanation of why they are taking those actions. ( "I screwed up and didn't do my research, sorry but here's my new price" ). After all, it's worth whatever someone will actually pay.

Sounds like a handshake deal which was immediately not honored; which is a shame. I've been there. Those are the best feeling deals when they (usually) work out.

That contract without a deposit actually put down isn't worth the paper it's printed on; not that any buyer wants to be put in the situation of trying to pursue damages, whether or not they get their deposit back.

At the very least Max deserved an opportunity to kick in another $10k. I'd have walked at that point though. It's not the $, it's the feels walking into a big transaction

Last edited:

Msand

Importer
Having the full amount in hand, and ready to buy "this second" is a lot more inviting than a handshake, I'm guessing whoever the buyer was didn't care about the emissions test and offered full price right there, and full payment that day. But this was pretty low, and I'm sorry this happened to you, Maxbergi- I hope another one pops up for you here soon.

maxbergi

Well actually it was the seller that pushed that he had to get emissions test anyway for any buyer in WA. He then realized the next day that it doesn't need one (only pre 2007 vehicles do).

Anyway moving on.

adam88

Explorer
Well actually it was the seller that pushed that he had to get emissions test anyway for any buyer in WA. He then realized the next day that it doesn't need one (only pre 2007 vehicles do).

Anyway moving on.

Sounds like the seller knew that someone else was coming to look at it and he could milk more money out of them.

grampswrx

Observer
When the deal is good, you put down the money right then. For $10k most people are willing to take a little heat on an online forum.

Arten Fab

Well what goes around comes around...

Blackwell decided to sell himself and his word for $10k but chances are he’ll be able to pull into a campground in anonymity. However the new owner who bought Blackwell’s integrity, well he’s going to be rolling around in a rig that’s pretty distinctive and this is a very very small community.... good luck with that.

Msand

Importer
Why would anyone in the overland community give the buyer grief for buying a rig before someone else? I know thats not what you said exactly but its obviously what your insinuating. I say congrats to the buyer for buying an awesome rig, if you do see him, just leave him alone and let him enjoy his vehicle.

I bet this is how it went down:
The seller told the buyer that he has interested parties for his asking price and that he can come and see it, then the buyer offered $10,000 more than the asking price, said he has cash on hand and wants to drive it home- no need for a down payments, and possibly wait for someone to get a loan, etc.. MotoMind was right, they are basically made of drama

Last edited:

maxbergi

There was never the talk of any loan, in hindsight We should have pushed to close the deal then and there of course, but again it was affirmed to us that he would cancel any viewings if we came to an agreement.

To be honest, maybe a Tiger will suit us better ERs are too much drama ;)

Last edited:

Arten Fab

No, I think I’ll introduce myself to Richard Cranium and ask him if he’s happy and sleeps well at night knowing that as a bonus to buying his “precious” (which hopefully will end up being a POS and bite him in the butt) he got to be the source of someone else’s disappointment and the loss of another man’s integrity.

You can try to convince yourself all night long that what Blackwell did is ok but I hope you know that it is clearly not. Blackwell knew almost immediately he’d priced it low, admitted he’d priced it low, professed he priced it low because he wanted to sell it, then accepted an offer. All fine until he broke his word and welched on the deal.

That’s unethical, underhanded and basically sleazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94