• King front shocks
  • Deaver front leaf springs
  • New HID headlights
  • LED lights on cab and flatbed
  • Awesome stereo system with two 10” JL audio subwoofers
  • Edge Insight CTS2 monitor with EGT gauge
  • Air ride front driver’s seat
  • Leather driver and passenger seats from GMC Yukon
I’m sure there is stuff I am forgetting. This truck is in great shape and very dialed in. My plan was to build a composite box on the flatbed and have an expedition camper but decided to go a different route. PM me for more pictures or questions. Located in Salt Lake City, UT. $43,000 OBO. Erik

Attachments

• IMG_0602.jpg
    IMG_0602.jpg
    575.9 KB · Views: 2,316
  • IMG_0850.jpeg
    IMG_0850.jpeg
    979.4 KB · Views: 2,636
  • IMG_0876.jpeg
    IMG_0876.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 2,677
  • IMG_0873.jpeg
    IMG_0873.jpeg
    928.5 KB · Views: 3,480
  • IMG_0869.jpeg
    IMG_0869.jpeg
    602.7 KB · Views: 2,041
  • IMG_0856.jpeg
    IMG_0856.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,840
  • IMG_0872.jpeg
    IMG_0872.jpeg
    980.9 KB · Views: 1,692
Last edited:

jacques bazinet

Hy
what is the payload?
Bought it new? What was it used for? any accident?
Your photo site seems to show a host slide-in camper on it? is it the case and if yes is it for sale too?
Thanks
jacques

Capital E

Sorry for the slow reply. I believe I am the third owner. It has never really been used for work. I know with myself and the previous owner it was always just a recreational vehicle. We both had plans to build an expedition vehicle out of it but never got around to it. I tried the truck camper thing but just couldn't get the height of the camper where I wanted it. I'm not sure on the payload as ratings are all over the place for these trucks. When I was fully loaded with the Host camper on the flatbed it was 6000 pounds and the truck sat level. I built the rear leaf springs to support that weight and the truck handled it fine. I just didn't like being so tall with the places we camp. I already sold the camper separately and if I was sticking with this idea would have looked for a shorter slide in. The Host is pretty much the biggest truck bed camper you can buy. Let me know if you have more questions. Thanks!

Mako1114

Adventurer
Seems like a great rig and ideal candidate for an Alaskan flat-bed. I'm surprised the Diesel Bros haven't snatched this up being you're in the same city! What is your fuel capacity to achieve the 600 mile range?

Cheers

Capital E

Alaskan flat bed would be awesome! I think it needs more light bars or a third set of doors for the diesel brothers crowd. It has two fuel tanks with a transfer flow set up. The front tank is 48 gallons and the rear is approximately 15-20. I've never really run it that low so I'm guessing on the rear tank. I get 10-13 MPG depending on load and speed. Pulling a travel trailer didn't really make much of a difference in fuel efficiency. Speed seems to play a much bigger factor with this truck. It happily cruises along at 70-75 MPH but keep it at 60-65 MPH and you will gain three-four miles per gallon.

Capital E

Hy
what is the payload?
Bought it new? What was it used for? any accident?
Your photo site seems to show a host slide-in camper on it? is it the case and if yes is it for sale too?
Thanks
jacques

To clarify on the payload question-I believe it is limited to a GVWR of 18,500 pounds because above that you need a CDL and air brakes. I'm not sure the exact legal payload but it is whatever the limit is to stay below the CDL requirements. The truck will carry and pull more than you legally can without a commercial driver's license. I've got some weight slips somewhere but with the tanks full and bed empty I was 11,XXX pounds. Hope that helps.

Capital E

Good guess! It's right at 52" as it currently sits. I was thinking of pulling a leaf from the spring pack to get it a couple inches lower. I had it set up to carry 6000 #'s on the flat bed and ride level so it's slightly raked when not loaded. It's too tall for most gooseneck trailers but would be a cheap and easy fix to get it lower. Unless the next guy is planning on putting a giant camper on the back it doesn't need to be able to carry that much weight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier