'08 Pathfinder V8 Overland Build-Diesel Heater, Sleeping Platform, Sink, Sprayer...

broncobowsher

Adventurer
I wanted a V8 pathfinder. But they were too expensive when I was shopping. Xterra with the offroad package is what I ended up with. That was back in 2010, still have it. But I do have the 18" wheels now, same as yours. But I got the 6-speed that you can't get in the pathfinder, so I will rub that in.

Where did you find 3.36 gears for the rear diff? I know that diff is bigger than the V6 version.

If you want to do long tube headers, ones for a Titan should* fit.

N.Y.X.

Observer
Xterra w/ OR package is a great option, preferred having the 08+ with stronger, 4 pinion e-locker. I loved mine, just couldn't haul anuthing in CO, so without swapping it with a 5.6 or Stillen SC (Still limited capabilities) it was a good as it was going to get. I decided to go to a lighter, more overland friendly build with using more aluminum and staying with 33's, etc. The 3.36 carrier, to my knowledge, from a Armada/QX56, will bolt up. The only thing I can think of is potentially having an issue with the yoke. Then I'll lock and swap in the 3.36 with a fresh rebuild on my M205.

Got out with a few friends for a short shakedown run. Transfer case leak and a lot more trimming of the fender liner. You may recognize the xterra, that's my buddy Treff. I met him when I moved to CO 8 years ago and we built our rigs similarly. Thankful to have friends here like him!
31693074_10101165170416106_8360153596850864128_n.jpg31754581_10101165170555826_6190937315548856320_n.jpg31769229_10101165170495946_5526912865958625280_n.jpg

Last edited:

N.Y.X.

Observer
Thanks! I have... My front requirements are fairly simple; light, strong recovery points, couple fog light mounts and a winch tray. My rear is a bit different with wanting a spare tire, 5lb propane, chainsaw (just a little stihl), rotopax, hi lift mounts....oh and my backup came to have sight!! lol I believe a friend and I are going to attempt it. We shall see.

N.Y.X.

Observer
I will reach out to greg and see what he thinks about pathfinder fitment. Thanks for the heads up!

N.Y.X.

Observer
If you want to do long tube headers, ones for a Titan should* fit.

I forgot to speak to this, the plan is to order from Jeff Nash over at Cajun B Pipes. He offers a kit with an uprev that will pass emissions here in CO. I plan on running the set below along with his Y pipe as the cross over pipe is the same part number for the titan and my pathfinder, so should be good to go. My buddy who has tuned my subaru's also tunes with uprev, so may throw it on the dyno for a custom tune when the time comes.
http://www.cajunbpipes.com/Performance-Packages.html

But right now my focus is reliability and camping/overlanding functionality.

N.Y.X.

Observer
Removing the 3rd row seats did not open up as much depth as I was hoping for. So decided to go with this 11 gallon RV tank w/ fittings. Which I think will leave enough room for a 2 gal viair tank under there as well. The approximate area to sit flush with the original seats would be 37"W x 16"L x 8"H, keep in mind the 16" length is from the plastic seat finishers for the second row seating and the small hump in the middle.
https://www.ntotank.com/11gallon-duracast-rv-water-tank-x4469774

Water Tank 1.jpgWater Tank 2.jpgWater Tank 3.jpg29.jpg

N.Y.X.

Observer
Hefty skid set, water tank and pump came in!! But having height issues with the bed platform... Trying to figure it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz