2010 Chevy AWD "VanGo"

Jet-Unit

just a heads up to any who may be looking for a moderate lift for the Chevy AWD vans...

My wife and i have now installed the BoulderOffroadVans ~2" lift kit and we LOVE IT. We took it out for about a 30 mile jaunt on various surfaces and the ride is noticeably smoother and steadier which we really didn't expect. The lift turned out to be a measure +2.5" and i will post some pictures next week after the wheel wells/rockers are Rhino lined. The look is just what we wanted, just that extra lift really pops the van up enough so my wife (5'4") doesn't need a step to get in yet the van looks like it means off-road-business.

Cheers,
Thom

This is a PS on update from Post lift kit + Rhino Liner on wells/rockers/bumpers... We really like the look. In fact, when you look at the rig in person you sort of ask yourself why GM/Chevy doesn't just do the trim this way in the first place at least as an option (or local dealer option/suggestion) :

_TGL-AWD_11-2013.jpg

Hi, your van look great, what is the size of your tire. I was suppose to order a 6" lift kit from BoulderOffroad but when I see your van, maybe 3" will make the job for 33" tires.
Thanks
Mike

Accrete

Explorer
Greetings Mike,
Our van is running stock sized 245/70r/17 but we went up to 10ply from the stock 4ply and running at our typical 70psi the tires sit 31" tall. We like what some have called "Pizza Cutter" tires as we will see ~80"+ rainfall in a given year so narrow tires help driving in all the wet stuff. I believe BOR talked about 32"s or 33"s being max size for the lift we had put on.

Jet-Unit

Greetings Mike,
Our van is running stock sized 245/70r/17 but we went up to 10ply from the stock 4ply and running at our typical 70psi the tires sit 31" tall. We like what some have called "Pizza Cutter" tires as we will see ~80"+ rainfall in a given year so narrow tires help driving in all the wet stuff. I believe BOR talked about 32"s or 33"s being max size for the lift we had put on.

Ok, I want to put 33" tires. Your tire look bigger on the picture. I took the mesurement of my fender and I'm not sure if the 33" will fit. Probably with the 2 inches lift kit. But I want to put the 6" lift kit, i'm just affraid of the price, 4500$$:Wow1:

The other thing, have you put an aftermarket window on your slidding door?? I have a cargo one and when I want to backup with my trailer, I dont see this side.

Thanks for your answer, it's always cool to talk with someone who did the job before!

Mike

Accrete

Explorer
Hi Mike,
The slider window is the stock non-opening window that was on the cargo van when we purchased it in fall of 2010.

As for viewing when we back up to hitch trailer we use a "Tow Ready Hindsight" wireless camera/monitor. The camera has a magnet-mount that i put on the rear cargo doors about a foot above the rear bumper...gives a great view of hitch. Once hitched i take the camera and place it inside the trailer's rear window and use it as a rear-view when towing. The small 3" monitor we velcro to one side of standard rear view center mirror in van.

;) On lift... we really like what the smaller lift from BOR did for the van. Ride and looks went up a notch IMO. And the cost was reasonable for the bang we got. The 6" lift for us was out of the question as my wife already is height challenged and the extra ~3" down is quite the shocker first few times out the cab!

Thom

Jet-Unit

Hi have the camera that goes on the brake light on the to of the rear door and a 10" monitor on the sealing between the sunviser. To Hitch, very cool, it make the job but when I back up with the trailer, I dont see the end of the trailer. I think that I will buy an other camera to put on the top of the truck facing backward. That way, I will see far back.

With the smaller lift kit, do you think that 33 inches tires can fit there?

Thanks
Mike

Accrete

Explorer
Greetings Mike, I really don't know how much larger one could go on tire size. Have you called/contacted boulder offroad vans ? They were quite helpful over the phone and also in emails.
Best wishes on the build/project.
Thom

Jet-Unit

Greetings Mike, I really don't know how much larger one could go on tire size. Have you called/contacted boulder offroad vans ? They were quite helpful over the phone and also in emails.
Best wishes on the build/project.
Thom

Hi Thom, I'm waiting for the 6" lift kit from Boulder Offroad. I have just bought it and it's on my way home!! I will order the Toyo Open Country AT2 275-70-17 (33") maybe tomorow. I think that will make a nice kit.

Cheers!!!

Mike

Rozzi

Adventurer
Subscribed. Great build and excellent information you've shared. I have a 2007 Express AWD that I've been slowly making some changes to. I have 177k miles on it
I may start by own build thread (nothing close to what you've done) one of these days.
Thanks again for sharing so many details.

Jet-Unit

Hi Thom, do you had a problem open your roller door because of the size of your tire. Hi removed the Inside panel and it's still rubbing the tire. IF I put fender Flares, it will be worst.
Thanks
Mike
IMG_1525.jpg

Accrete

Explorer
Hi Mike, I have no issues at this point because i removed the flexiflares (as seen in the below photo with panel removed had ~1/4" clearance). As mentioned i have now removed the Flexiflares as the RhinoLining is plenty of protection for our use so no tire/wheel rub with inside of slider.

TGL_SliderFlareClearance.jpg

I am still running the stock 245/70/r17 tires and will go up to 265/70/r17 once i need new rubber...which should still be within the stock wheel wells and cause no rub.

Thom

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
I've never seen a build thread so thoroughly hijacked at this one. 2 months since the guy who decided to document his build has posted anything. Maybe that is because a couple of you have decided to fill two entire pages of information regarding their own builds? I know at least one of you has his own build thread in which all of these updates, pics and questions could be posted. Sorry, but I had to say something. It has kinda gotten out of control.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94