2010 ER

adam88

Explorer
Wow that thing looks rough. And 6.4L with frame damage. If they sell that for anywhere near $225k then they are lucky sobs.

zip

I prefer social distancing.
It mentions frame cracks being repaired in 2015... Did these have an issue with frames at one point?

CD,
There is a pretty good thread about the frame crack issues on the Earthroamer forum.
One ER owner lifted the whole body higher off the frame and put spacers, and there is an aftermarket kit available for a reinforcement that goes on the frame which Earthroamer owners have done pre-and post cracking.

CD,
There is a pretty good thread about the frame crack issues on the Earthroamer forum.
One ER owner lifted the whole body higher off the frame and put spacers, and there is an aftermarket kit available for a reinforcement that goes on the frame which Earthroamer owners have done pre-and post cracking.
Wow, I didn't realize that. Thanks for the info.

rawtoxic

I would like to say my perspective on the 6.4 in a Earthroamer is you have so much into rig what's an engine replacement.... 5% of appraised value? Just sayin' but myself I'd wait for one with a better engine too as I prefer a less modified vehicle and the common replacement for a 6.4 is a Cummins.

I cracked the frame on my old 1995 k3500 dump truck overloading it with topsoil on washboard mine roads I was doing reclamation work on NFS abandoned mines. My buddy ex-coast guard under water welder spent a few hours with her and crack never moved again I was sure the frame would re-crack on a dump truck I put it back in full service. There was some 2x4 bumpers that keep the loaded bed from impacting the frame and one of those 2x4's blew out was the true catalyst. My F550 has the same setup but I check my 2x4's more now:) I sold the k3500 as-is and the guy freaked out when he found the welded frame like a year later and I told him the weld has a lifetime guarantee still see the old k3500 around plowing and doing dump runs I bet she is happy I took her out of mine reclamation duty.

cobro92

I agree. If you’re going to drop 200k on this thing then might as well spend an extra 25 and make it decently reliable. It’s not an insane proposition to do a Cummins swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zip

I love Earthroamer’s, but I’m not in the financial position to purchase one.
If I’m ever able to possibly purchase one, it would have to be an older 6.0, which I would probably have the engine pulled and bulletproofed.
The 6.4, in my opinion, is a time bomb. It is a throwaway motor. The Cummins conversion is probably the best option for this, but since I live in California, not sure about the how all the smog laws would work out with that.

rawtoxic

I love Earthroamer’s, but I’m not in the financial position to purchase one.
If I’m ever able to possibly purchase one, it would have to be an older 6.0, which I would probably have the engine pulled and bulletproofed.
The 6.4, in my opinion, is a time bomb. It is a throwaway motor. The Cummins conversion is probably the best option for this, but since I live in California, not sure about the how all the smog laws would work out with that.

I would not have my Tiger if I could have bought this 6.0 ER #37. https://sites.google.com/openspacetrust.org/earthroamer/

I am glad someone else on here got it :)

If any seller is researching selling a Earthroamer of this vintage please do message me I might be in the market for it depending on how much I have dumped in real estate at the time.

Looks like the first 6.4 only lasted about 90k miles that's probably right for heavy service of dragging around a house I think the grocery getters last around 150k

zip

I would not have my Tiger if I could have bought this 6.0 ER #37. https://sites.google.com/openspacetrust.org/earthroamer/

I am glad someone else on here got it :)

If any seller is researching selling a Earthroamer of this vintage please do message me I might be in the market for it depending on how much I have dumped in real estate at the time.

Looks like the first 6.4 only lasted about 90k miles that's probably right for heavy service of dragging around a house I think the grocery getters last around 150k

check your messages.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles