SOLD! 2010 Honda Element eCamper EX 4WD 26k Miles

cpunk

SOLD!
There is some interest in the final price, and I don't mind sharing, so it sold for $19,500. I'm confident that it went to a great home, which is very cool. I was a bit unsure of price, and could probably have gotten a bit more for it. For any other eCamper owners out east here who are thinking of selling - there is definitely demand in the eastern USA.
Thanks for the interest and questions!

-----------------------

This 2010 Element EX 4WD with automatic transmission has been ours since new. It has been a weekend short tripper, generally in the Blue Ridge Mountains. But it has lived most of its life in our garage with an in-town errand or two every month. Once our son got bigger, we used it less and less in the woods as it's a bit tight for us 3 now. So for the past couple of years it has been exclusively on grocery shopping and bulky item duty. The combo of mostly short trips and occasional use gets you the very low mileage.

It was converted for us by Ursa Minor in 2012, and the the round trip back to NC was its longest trip by far. It's the standard Ursa Minor conversion plus Thule rack mounts, solar charging (charge controller under the hood and front grille 12v input), and and some excellent awning/clothesline anchor points near the front and back on each side.

You will find a few small cosmetic issues - light scratches on the front right fender from going down the trail, and a few small rock chips on the plastic bits up front. Other than that the exterior is tip top. Inside it's in great shape - the upholstery, dash and floors (plus OEM rubber mats) are all in excellent condition. There are a few scuffs on the plastic bits here or there, and one interior trim panel that is a little out of whack. You can see that in the rear hatch photo below.

Now it's time to get this camper a new home.
I'm asking $20,000 OBO. That's about what it would cost to get a 50k mile Element and convert it, so I'm saving you the time and trouble and you get a lower mileage camper. It's hard to price this, since it's a bit of a rarity, so feedback on that front is certainly welcome.

It's in Charlotte, NC if you would like to take a look. And ask any questions you like. I have some other photos from today as well, so if you want other angles let me know.

Thanks!
Jeff

20180418_152422_.jpg
20180418_152252_.jpg
20180418_152616_.jpg
20180418_152525_.jpg
20180418_152654_.jpg
20180418_152716_.jpg

Last edited:

cpunk

Can you post pictures of the sleeping setup when you get a chance?
Sure - will do tomorrow. Basically it's two up and two down if you love each other very much. Most people camp in them as a duo, either sleeping up top, or on a bed platform down below, using the upper as a gear loft, ventilation, and small standing area while parked. We did two down and one up, using the 4 seats folded flat with the thickest car camping thermarest pads on them for extra comfort.

noodle

Will you be posting those additional pictures soon? Is this vehicle advertised locally or anywhere else? How do I reach you outside this forum?

cpunk

Can you post pictures of the sleeping setup when you get a chance?
Ok, here are some sleeping config pictures.

First, the seats all fold down to form a mostly flat sleeping area. It's a little bumpy, but we use a couple of these. Makes for a very comfy sleeping situation.
20180419-1149_0002_.jpg

If you're traveling with two people you can just take the rear seats out completely to have more room for gear. They each come out in about 30 seconds. They also flip up and secure flat against the sides in about 10 seconds. That's useful for around-town if you want more flat cargo space without taking a seat out. While camping on rainy days we would flip up one side and use the other as a sofa.

Looking up you see the hatch, over the rear area of the vehicle. On some Element years and models there was a sunroof here. Where it's missing Ursa Minor cuts and finishes the hole. That's what they did for ours.
20180419-1152_0004_.jpg

That's closed off with two lightweight honeycomb composite panels that Ursa Minor makes for the conversion. The black panels in the photo are showing a reflection of the tailgate. On the rear part of the surround, the black circle is the power switch for the camper top. Switching this off makes sure that no power is going to the lights in the top. There is one dome light (visible in an earlier shot), and two gooseneck reading lights (shown below).
20180419-1150_0003_.jpg

That last shot also shows the support post (bottom center), and the elastic straps that hold the small foam cushions that close off the hole. Those are also useful for hanging glasses, or stashing extra clothes for the night.
The bed looks like this:
20180419-1148_0001_.jpg

In this shot those two small cushions are in place. The left side panel is zipped open, screen still in place. On the right I unzipped the whole panel (cover & screen) so I could take the photo from the outside. The foot area is about 18" tall, and there is another screened opening down there. Because of the overhang of the top, you can have the foot area and both sides opened a bit at the top even in the rain.

So that's about it. The other changes made from stock were the addition of an interior release on the back hatch. Ursa Minor does that so you can exit from the rear. And we put in interior LEDs, including a really bright one over the rear cargo area, which is nice at night when using the tailgate as a kitchen.

cpunk

Will you be posting those additional pictures soon? Is this vehicle advertised locally or anywhere else? How do I reach you outside this forum?
Done. See above in-thread for those new photos. There are also some more detail shots (floors, doors, other exterior angles) here:
It is listed locally, on Craigslist in both Charlotte and Asheville NC. You can PM me here or communicate through Craigslist as you prefer. If you're a serious buyer ready to meet in-person then we can exchange direct contact info.

cpunk

These Element Ursa Minor conversions are really cool.
Definitely. I recommend Ursa Minor to anyone who'll listen. What impressed me most from the start was just how much function they got for so little weight gain. The Element handles no worse than before the conversion. It gave us what we wanted, which is something like our old Westie camper, but reliable and more useful as a daily driver.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94