2010 Jeep WK Grand Cherokee Limited Build

Bubblegoose1

PNW Off-Road & Expedition
Looking sweet. I kinda like that petite nose guard around the winch. Never seen one like that before.
Thanks. Yeah, I agree on the small brush guard. Just enough, and not a plain flat bumper top. Very happy with it. The winch mount is really stout; replacing the cheap factory crossmember. Took me less than 3 mins to cut the factory one out. A little scary.

Just amazing, thanks for posting detailed pics.......I am beginning to outfit a 2014 WK2 Overland and your build has given great ideas. I love the Hitchgate but I have back up camera below rear window which might get obstructed. Did you consider 270* awning and if so why not go that route?

Bubblegoose1

PNW Off-Road & Expedition
Just amazing, thanks for posting detailed pics.......I am beginning to outfit a 2014 WK2 Overland and your build has given great ideas. I love the Hitchgate but I have back up camera below rear window which might get obstructed. Did you consider 270* awning and if so why not go that route?
Thanks for the compliment.

The Hitchgate was a really nice addition. Solid, functional carrier, that fits tight against the tailgate, especially with the Rotopax. I have the factory back-up cam as well. I disabled it, and installed a wireless camera on the lower part of the carrier instead. Monitor is built into the rearview mirror. Has worked well with zero regrets.

I had a ARQ 270 awning for a short time. There wasn't enough surface area on the sides of my roof rack to give good support. I like the dual ARB setup; functional coverage for my needs.

Last edited: