2010 RRS HD??? Rear locker

umbertob

Adventurer
Regarding the rear e-diff on a MY2010 RRS (don't think it was standard issue back then, definitely not on HSE and I am not so sure about a S/C either), you can actually get a complete build specification in Topix without calling a dealer, just register (free of charge) and enter your complete VIN, then click on the "Detail" or "Print" icon on the Vehicle Features page. If you have a rear locking diff, it should be listed as LOCKING REAR AXLE - E DIFF among the vehicle's "Minor Features".

perkj

Explorer
Regarding the rear e-diff on a MY2010 RRS (don't think it was standard issue back then, definitely not on HSE and I am not so sure about a S/C either), you can actually get a complete build specification in Topix without calling a dealer, just register (free of charge) and enter your complete VIN, then click on the "Detail" or "Print" icon on the Vehicle Features page. If you have a rear locking diff, it should be listed as LOCKING REAR AXLE - E DIFF among the vehicle's "Minor Features".

I'm not seeing where you are getting to the full build sheet. When I click into the Vehicle Feature page and then print (after entering my VIN), all that I'm presented with is a short summary of 5 items: Engine, Cab style, Drive, Transmission, and Series. can you post a step by step on how you're getting to the page you're referring to? Also, what year is your LR? It may be only the newer ones have their build sheet available on topix....mine is a 2008

Last edited:

umbertob

Adventurer
It's definitely due to the age of the car, my former 2006 Sport didn't show much either, but the 2013 LR4 shows the full enchilada. I am guessing the started implementing the full build sheet on Topix with MY2010s and later.

benjithehunter

So in the interest of getting a final answer, was the rear locker standard on any models? It was not on the LR3, LR4 , RRS or Range rover sport supercharged. I have not checked full size models.

Using TOPIX as suggested above I ran a few supercharged models 2010-2013 some had the e-diff, some showed an open diff. Amazing website will save me hours of research and requests a great work around!

Last edited:

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Of all the years I ever looked at all the Supercharged models always came standard with the locking rear differential. This is absolutely true for the full size and for some years that I looked at on the Sport.

A full size spare ONLY means it has a full size spare.

The icon on the 4x4 info screen will show an "unlocked" symbol in vehicles without the locking feature. It just never locks on the screen.

'10+ RRS I am unsure--haven't done enough research.

However, on an '06-09 RRS, either HSE, HSE Lux or SC had the option of adding the "Locking Rear Differential; Electronically controlled infinitely variable locking rear differential."
http://www.auto-brochures.com/makes/landrover/Range Rover Sport/Land Rover_US RangeRoverSport_2009.pdf
AFAIK, there was no HD Package on an RRS like there was on the LR3.
Rear locker on an RRS is very rare. I happened to find an '06 RRS HSE in Portland on Craigslist the other day with one (she didn't know she had the rear locker--I had confirmed it via vindecoderz.com, said Rear Locking Differential vs Rear Open Differential--which BTW is random as to which RRS it will give full info on, others it won't show any build options). When you went into the center dash screen, under 4x4 Info, and when in Low Range, the drivetrain picture showed both the center diff lock as a green "unlock" and the rear diff lock as a green "unlock." On a rig without the rear diff lock you won't see a green "unlock" symbol at the rear diff location.

Now '06-09 FFRR SC's came with the rear diff locker standard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles