2010 Sprinter RV. Lifted 4.5”. 920w Solar. 63gal H2o. 17mpg. Ready for Full Time Travel.-- SOLD!!

montypower

Adventure Time!
Empty weight?

I don't remember... l'll see about getting it weighed if that would be helpful. In Oregon, there are scales everywhere (free). In Arizona, they seem to primarily be at truck stops (paid). Bla.

We tried to remove weight as weight was added. So it shouldn't be fairly close to stock. See FAQ for additional info (link at bottom to original post).

luthj

Engineer In Residence
Obviously the buyer can weigh if they test drive it. My only concern is that many of these rigs are over GVWR with a tank of water, and that does have an impact on mountain driving. Best to know going in.

Otherwise its a good looking rig.

montypower

Adventure Time!
Absolutely. Need to be mindful of weight on any rig. Operate within your comfort and risk tolerance.

Thanks for the comment.

MuleShoer

Adventurer
If your interested in trades i have a special AEV Brute as featured by expedition portal..

montypower

Adventure Time!
If your interested in trades i have a special AEV Brute as featured by expedition portal..

Thanks for the offer... That's a sweet build! Enjoyed reading the article. Looks like a quality job.

At this point we are not looking for additional vehicles. Our garage is rather full. Plus, we already have a "overland" rock crawler that we spent 3 weeks in the Sierra Nevada range last year driving the best trails (Rubicon, Dusy Ershim, Holcomb Creek, John Bull and several others). Hard core trail vehicle is covered for.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
I've seen this in person, it's a sweet machine and well taken care of. GLWS

LovinPSDs

Adventurer
I am loving all the mods to this rig. We have been looking into Sprinter based RVs to accommodate my wife's/families desire to simply "camp" and my desire to explore a bit more. We also pull some decent road trips to visit family and such. I really wish this was the floor plan we were looking into as it's modded incredibly well.

Can I ask, where do you do alot of your research about modding the RV style Sprinter? Seems everything I can find is custom/DIY sprinter buildouts. I know the RV chassis are a bit different. Good luck with the sale, I really do like everything you've done with it. I'll keep speaking with the wife, but I don't think it's exactly what we're looking for.

montypower

Adventure Time!
Really appreciate the positive feedback. It was a massive amount of time and research to build a rig well.

Unfortunately, there isn't a great single source. As a matter of fact... This was the first Sprinter to combine the Van Compass and Agile Off Road "lifts" together. Initially Agile Off Road had reservations but I explained the logic and they agreed. It has been flawless and I've heard others have followed. FYI - the 4WD vans essentially get their 4" lift height up front using a dropped subframe assembly which is essentially the exact thing Van Compass is doing for 2WD van.

In the RV world most people just talk about the RV as it is. Very few will modify to any extent. So you have to combine knowledge and information to build. Sprinter Source website has some informed enthusiasts.

Each part of the build is a large investment of time/research and then modification time/cost. Maybe I'll go into more detail on each segment of the process. I do have spreadsheet, PDF receipts and records back to around 40k miles. The most important thing is the van chassis itself has been extremely reliable. We've had no repairs or failures. It's really solid (which is not the case for all of them).

Everything just works. Which is really a nice thing... It's not a project unless you want to add/change but totally optional.

Last edited:

jkirby75

Great job on the build out. Do you have the original rooftop a/c and generator? And would it be a big hassle to re-install?
Thanks

montypower

Adventure Time!
Thanks! Glad you like the build.

I don't. Roof AC isn't great. Heavy (weight up high). Can't run off battery (needs shore power or generator) reasonably. This would be a far superior option: https://www.proairllc.com/ - They make DC powered units with separated condenser units. So you can mount the condenser under the floor and "air handler" in a cabinet inside. Vastly better. And realistic to operate from solar! We considered installing but realistically it was easier driving up in elevation when if too hot.

Generator sucks. We got rid of it. So loud! Shook the floor. Not enjoyable and nobody appreciates it when out in nature. Much better off getting a Honda Generator and storing it in the cabinet the old generator occupied. Honda units are so much more efficient and quiet. But.... really would avoid generator if at all possible.

400AH Lifeline Battery Bank + 920W Solar can handle a good load.

montypower

Adventure Time!
Added a some pictures for inspiration! Hell's Canyon, Snake River, Joshua Tree, Mt Rainier, BC Canada.

Rig is ready for the next adventures! Clean and ready to roll. Just add clothes and food.

Attachments

• 20190815_183243.jpg
    20190815_183243.jpg
    475.5 KB · Views: 257
  • 20190316_161531.jpg
    20190316_161531.jpg
    621.1 KB · Views: 258
  • 20190330_085756.jpg
    20190330_085756.jpg
    511.2 KB · Views: 259
  • 20171020_114053.jpg
    20171020_114053.jpg
    425.7 KB · Views: 254
  • 20190724_175206.jpg
    20190724_175206.jpg
    834.2 KB · Views: 254
  • 20171020_172010.jpg
    20171020_172010.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:

montypower

Adventure Time!
Max Tow is 5,000lbs. I've seen people towing Jeep JKs with the Winnebago View. GCWR 15,250lbs. So depends on how you load and comfort level with weight. RV suspension was setup to handle full GAWR 7,720 Rear + 4,410 Front.

Personally, I'd stay more conservative. I towed a 6x10 enclosed trailer ~ 2-2,500lbs. It did just fine. Kept speed 55-60mph and fuel mileage in Mtns was 15mpg and following tank was 17mpg. So not much change. Trailer drafts off the RV so not much mpg decline.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior