2011 v8 Colorado build

onelow1ton

Adventurer
I'm not sure if I missed something, but why are you installing the fenders on a seperate bed?

I'm putting them on the other bed for a few reasons one is I had it at the house already and two is I wanted to keep my stock one incase I smash the glass I can just swap beds wile I'm waiting for new parts

Here is a pic of the bed on
c44bc5e6.jpg

onelow1ton

Adventurer
I just happened to be suffering from insomnia tonight and stumbled across your Colorado thread. I was trying to find bumpers and lift information and the almighty google thought I should check this out. I am so glad to see someone building one of these trucks. I love the McNeil fenders/bed sides and and can't wait to see what all you have planned for your truck. I'd love to lift mine sometime in the near future and swap bumpers. Until then i'm only looking for factory wheels, and a TB crank/level kit. I hope to eventually do the CST suspension lift and a cap with basket on top. Again, amazing truck. I will be following this and your trailer build.

Kind regards,

Nick, SE Ohio

p.s. if you plan on selling any stock parts... wheels/tires etc. Let me know.

Nick thanks for the compliment, I put my stock wheels on my dads 2011 1500 wt but you should check out 355nation I have a build thread there with 10 times more pix and info and it's a good place for you to find anything you want to know about the colorados

Here is a start of my bumper I started the winch mount and I will be building a plate bumper off of it but ran out of wire for the welder well and I still need to pick up the 3/16 plate

a1530df5.jpg

And I just got a snorkel air ram now I need to order some aluminum tube to make the snorkel I got it from eBay
c130a331.jpg

6030ad3b.jpg

Creature

Observer
I have to say that I really like this build! I had no idea chevy put a v8 into that truck, wonder why it wasn't advertised better? What kind of mileage did you get before the lift?

onelow1ton

Adventurer
Thanks and that's what I hear all the time chevy was so stupid for not advertising the v8. Well with my heavy foot before it was lifted I was getting between 15-16 mpg mixed driving but mostly city and with it lifted getting my miles traveled of the gps and not the odometer because I have not had it adjusted yet with a tune I'm right at 14-15 mpg with the same driving and heavy foot

Saiyan66

Adventurer
That bumper looks really good. You should dress it up some with a nice billet fairlead and some synthetic winch rope!

onelow1ton

Adventurer
Thanks guys

Yeah I want to upgrade to synthetic eventually just got to many other things to spend money on first

Rancho

Supporting Sponsor - Rancho Suspensions
Man, as many have stated, this is a great build. That bumper has a lot of work going into it.

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Great work. I wish I had your fab skills. I only have a great imagination.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

onelow1ton

Adventurer
Man, as many have stated, this is a great build. That bumper has a lot of work going into it.

Thanks ! Oh and just wanted to say for an Ifs lift kit I love mine this is the second Colorado I have had that I used the rancho lift on and on 355nation (it's a Colorado forum) I am always telling people how nice it is and how easy it is to install

Sad to say but hopefully in less than a year I'll be going sfa and ditching the Ifs but for now I love the way my truck rides and looks with the rancho kit

onelow1ton

Adventurer
Great work. I wish I had your fab skills. I only have a great imagination.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks bro means a lot coming from someone with such a bad *** rig but I don't really have much skilz it's more of I just got some of the right tools :)

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Have you got many miles on the Gaurd Dogs yet? I was going to buy a set, but found some lightly used XTerrains for it cheap. I had high hopes for the Treadwrights.

onelow1ton

Adventurer
Have you got many miles on the Gaurd Dogs yet? I was going to buy a set, but found some lightly used XTerrains for it cheap. I had high hopes for the Treadwrights.

I have almost 10k on them now with no real signs of ware and my buddy got the same ones and size I have about a month befor I got mine and put them on his heavily modded duramax and he has over 20k on his and the still look great and he drives like an a** hole and is very hard on his truck

I had XTerrains on my last Colorado and love them but I only got about 25k out of them

I would highly recommend the guard dogs they balanced well and ride great .I can't say how they are in deep mud becuse I have not got into any yet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior