2011 xterra low lift w 35s build and adventures

Smileyshaun

Observer
One thing I am not liking about this thing is it rides ruff , now I now it needs struts and shocks and that will help immensely but the tires on this thing are like bricks I have them down to 16psi in these pics and to me they are hardly squatting . At 25 you couldn’t tell any air has been let out , I may push getting tires ahead of some other upgrades .18B021BB-8328-4594-B6EF-8515E5C5CC1D.jpeg0338ACA5-1B0F-416A-935B-038EEF4A3908.jpeg

Smileyshaun

Observer
Just been doing maintenance items , cleaning electrical connections , putting dielectric grease in every connector I can find and tossed a set of plugs in it . Still waiting on the lift , need that to judge how much of a body lift I will need .
AE1DCCD9-45AA-4E74-9F1C-E67AC1E347F3.jpeg2BCECEBB-2D5E-49F4-9028-8B0A52FED1C0.jpeg

jhberria

Adventurer
You are going with 315s with a 1.5 inch lift? You're going to have to do some SERIOUS trimming. You may want to consider canceling the order and going with 285s. You're also going to lose quite a bit of acceleration and effectively gearing running 35s on 3.36 gears.

Don't mean to be a debby downer, I just think you would be happier with 285s for your application,

Smileyshaun

Observer
No I’m going to add a body lift to but I’m no stranger to trimming and tubbing firewalls , moving body mounts , rolling fenders ect ect . It will get a regear probably the beginning of next year . On the good side the tires are light for a 35 and skinny , only 3/8” wider than most 285s . It will take some work but I’m fairly confident I can get them to fit with no rubbing and minimal lift .

outback97

Adventurer
Last month:

So it will get some upgrades down the road but for now it’s good enough for my needs .

Down the road the hopeful order of upgrades will be
Winch
Sliders
Rear tire carrier
Front locker
Tires

Five weeks later, straight to the 35's:

No I’m going to add a body lift to but I’m no stranger to trimming and tubbing firewalls , moving body mounts , rolling fenders ect ect . It will get a regear probably the beginning of next year

You're going all in on this! Looking forward to seeing the progress.

I'm happy with my mostly stock Xterras... OME, decent tires, and some armor. They're great vehicles.

Smileyshaun

Observer
Last month:

Five weeks later, straight to the 35's:

You're going all in on this! Looking forward to seeing the progress.

I'm happy with my mostly stock Xterras... OME, decent tires, and some armor. They're great vehicles.

Ya I pushed tires ahead because I got a 3” nail in the tire the long way inside between the lugs looks like it hit the cords bent and just rode along the cords essentially making a big cut between the lugs and the tires are a little older than I thought so Figured might as well go on the safe side and put tires on now. With the sale price they ended up being two dollars more a tire than the 33’s.

Smileyshaun

Observer
Well looks like the had to get the tires out of Cali so I will have to wait till Tuesday , really throws a wrench in my plans but oh well what can you do .

Had a little time after work so started making some mounts for these little led “eagle eye” lights that I’m using for undercarriage lights should help on those nighttime snow trips . 45D7407F-66E9-4822-8E97-56C78D5755C1.jpegBBA37421-05CD-464D-8151-2EEEC9245524.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier