2012 GMC Flatbed build

goddi69

Starting a new Flatbed build. I originally had a 2007 jk unlimited and built a offroad camper for it. That served me well but in all honesty I hate trailers. So I I found a 2012 GMC 2500 hd and am just starting out a build for it. I like the looks of such expedition trucks as VMI offroad. Well here it goes
KIMG0758.JPG
Starting a new Flatbed build. I originally had a 2007 jk unlimited and built a offroad camper for it. That served me well but in all honesty I hate trailers. So I I found a 2012 GMC 2500 hd and am just starting out a build for it. I like the looks of such expedition trucks as VMI offroad. Well here it goes
Finally got to mounting it

goddi69

Question for everyone has anybody put 3500hd springs on there 2500hd just want a get it a little more capacity

Attachments

• KIMG0794.JPG
    KIMG0794.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 38

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
You could just add a leaf, and or airbags?

That being said, i looked into it for my 2004- the airbags and add a leaf were the best choice for me. Extra capacity there when i need it, and not when i want something a little softer with more adjust ability.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic

That being said, i looked into it for my 2004- the airbags and add a leaf were the best choice for me. Extra capacity there when i need it, and not when i want something a little softer with more adjust ability.

goddi69

I

What kind of add a leaf airbags did you end up getting

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Question for everyone has anybody put 3500hd springs on there 2500hd just want a get it a little more capacity

Why not look into the springs offered by BDS? They are extremely strong and have both a great price and garantee. Cheers, Chilli... ?

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I believe the airbags on my truck are Firestone, And i used skyjacker add a leaf's, there are multiple options out there. I do also have an icon stage two suspension on my truck.

i just had trouble finding some from 1 1 ton, that i liked, were the right price and not in bad shape. Had i found something, i would of gone that route.

ericvs

What have you guys used for carpet on inside of beds and for adhesion etc...
I had some burly carpet, don't remember what type but I just used snaps attached to the walls, that way you could remove it if you wanted to clean it or the camper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz