2013 Chancho The Tundra

RBear

Already had to change tires
44,000 out of my Toyo TA 35s
Skipped the last rotation otherwise would have got 50 k
Trying the slightly more aggressive Nitto Ridge Grapler
Kinda in between a TA and and a mud terrain E8233902-3CF0-4C38-8C9F-F6628666B206.jpeg

sancap

Nice work, I will be following this as I am building my 2015 Tundra. I went with a 3 inch lift with a new rear spring pack and air bags, front and rear ARB lockers, 10K hidden bumper winch, TRD sway bar. I have the AT Summit camper/topper, I didn't want to wait a year for the GFC. So far I am happy with my decision. I still have 33's on it as I bought them before I started this build. I need more skid plates and sliders.

Do you have a 35" spare and does it fit underneath?

Are you considering the Transferflow fuel tank or the LRA 46 gallon tank?

Tundra.jpg

sancap

Not to hijack, but....sancap, whos hidden winch is that?

Both of your trucks are looking really good.

The winch is a Warn Zeon 10-S Platinum with a SDHQ hidden winch mount, it is a very clean install.

IMG_0964 (1).jpg

Last edited:

RBear

Nice work, I will be following this as I am building my 2015 Tundra. I went with a 3 inch lift with a new rear spring pack and air bags, front and rear ARB lockers, 10K hidden bumper winch, TRD sway bar. I have the AT Summit camper/topper, I didn't want to wait a year for the GFC. So far I am happy with my decision. I still have 33's on it as I bought them before I started this build. I need more skid plates and sliders.

Do you have a 35" spare and does it fit underneath?

Are you considering the Transferflow fuel tank or the LRA 46 gallon tank?

View attachment 531830
I’m getting a transferflow in September and I’m really looking forward to not going to the gas station every third day

A 35 will definitely not fit under in the stock position
Aluminess has a nice rear option with a swing door but I’m also just considering mounting a spare in bed near the cab and only having it on board for longer on road trips and all off road trips with some ratcheting straps
I’m kinda liking the weight and cost savings on the second option

Cool build I almost did the Habitat but I’m going to be working out of my truck also and that seemed a better fit for its daily use
Front and rear locker wow that thing is a beast nice ??

RBear

A 35" tire will fit if you take a hammer to the spare tire guide tabs.
Your right Runt!
You saved me $ 4,000 lol
I’m not sure it’s Toyota approved but I’m going to give it a go
I’m still considering an Aluminess Bumper with the Box, bike rack and spare tire swing
In a way less is more and
Having less weight and the spare tire lower is actually better and the spare sits higher than the muffler or stock bumper
So no breakaway clearance issue having the tire in the stock location
Thx

Runt

Adventurer
Your right Runt!
You saved me $ 4,000 lol
I’m not sure it’s Toyota approved but I’m going to give it a go
I’m still considering an Aluminess Bumper with the Box, bike rack and spare tire swing
In a way less is more and
Having less weight and the spare tire lower is actually better and the spare sits higher than the muffler or stock bumper
So no breakaway clearance issue having the tire in the stock location
Thx

You are welcome. I have a CBI off road built twin swing, tire carrier with tables, 4 fuel can carrier, axe , shovel and high-lift mount.....i.e. lots of weight Tire carriers are fantastic kit but add a lot of weight and Aluminess bumper and a 35" spare is still a significant weight so far off the rear axle. Unless you upgrade your rear suspension i would advise against it. Before I upgraded my whole rear suspension to accommodate the camper I ran a OEM pack with two add a leafs to compensate for the weight. With out add a leafs my springs had the curve going the wrong way.

RBear

Installed Baja Designs Squadron Sport Round
I used an additional Bezel that BD offers so it would look a little cleaner in this Aluminess bumper.
E198C5C8-1A88-4A9F-8338-564893530EB1.jpeg

RBear

They offer a plug and play version but I went with the toggle switch that comes standard with this light set since my base model Tundra doesn’t have a fog light factory control.
Called BDs tech department for a few tips on removing the toggle and feeding harness in from the engine compartment taped to a steel rod and sprayed with PAM cooking spray :)
Drilled a 3/4 inch hole in dash board knock out and the Toggle fits perfectly and just barely in the unused location shown
Night test latter after the sun goes down and adjust

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles