2013 Evoque

Campndad

Essayons!!
This weekend i witnessed something that i did not think would have been possible the evoque on a trail ride. It was a first time trail ride for the owner a young lady from north Alabama. She never got stuck or high centered. She did an incredible job.

dujygazy.jpg

edaqyzeg.jpg

roverrocks

Expedition Leader
Definitely quite wonderful to see a very muddy Evoque off roading. One of only a few I would say that will ever hit a trail. Any Evoque that actually sees a trail I would call a Land Rover. Most that never will I will just call common ordinary mall cruisers. Big, big kudos to this young woman who took her Evoque out and blazed a muddy trail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
That's great! We did this two years ago with a company evoque at the Maine winter romp. The clearance seriously limits the potential.

Sent from my iPhone

PhyrraM

Adventurer
Cool to see it out there, but it's capability is kinda no surprise based on it's technical specs.

It has the same traction control, same Terrain Response (no-rock crawl), same wheels and tires, and same hill descent control as all the other Rovers. It's only really lacking in a low range transfer case and ground clearance. More articulation would be nice, but the traction control helps make up for a lot of it.

An honest question...does the Evoque have a real center differential, like all the other Rovers? Or does it have some type of 'basically FWD with a computer controlled clutch to the rear' like virtually all of it's competition?

Eniam17

Adventurer
Great to see it being used off-road like that. We're looking at an LR2 for my wife and I plan to test it out on some light/moderate trails as well. The Evoques are selling like crazy at the dealership here.

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
Great to see it being used off-road like that. We're looking at an LR2 for my wife and I plan to test it out on some light/moderate trails as well. The Evoques are selling like crazy at the dealership here.

Are you referring to Jag Land Rover Scarborough? I was there this past Friday testing out the redesigned LR2. Needless to say they need to fit better tires(all season at least).
g7w60IS.jpg

Eniam17

Adventurer
Yes, I was wondering who was there from RN doing that test. We were there Friday evening and Steve told me you guys had headed out to Buxton that day to test a 2013 LR2. We were picking up my 89 Classic and also taking the LR2 for my wife to drive for the weekend. It's a nice vehicle overall IMO. I would definitely want better tires (as I would with any newer Rover) for any serious offroading. Where did you go for the test drive?

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
We didn't do much, just went to a field in Buxton owned by a customer that had snow in it. The LR2 got stuck near immediately, never high centered just no traction. I'd share more photos, but they're being saved for the magazine.

We also went to a nearby beach to get some photographs.

On a side note, Land Rover Scarborough is by far the best Rover dealership we've ever dealt with, hats off to them.

Eniam17

Adventurer
On a side note, Land Rover Scarborough is by far the best Rover dealership we've ever dealt with, hats off to them.

I look forward to seeing the magazine. I agree - they are absolutely a top notch dealership. They truly live and love the Rover lifestyle and many of the employees go way above and beyond to treat customers and Rover enthusiasts right. I met Steve 15 years ago and his knowledge of Rovers is absolutely amazing. Best car buying experience and service department I have ever experienced by far.

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
We talked to them for a while about their interest in bringing back an off road type event for their customers and Rover enthusiasts in general, something that no other dealership has talked about in the slightest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke