2013 Toyota 4Runner, Equipt Edition Build

Equipt

Supporting Sponsor Presenting Sponsor of Overland
Hi Keith,

Sorry for the delay. I answered your email, but thought I would write up an answer here too. Yes, the 2.2M 4Runner racks come with 10 feet on them. Each rack now has a foot or leg at every cross brace, for better load distribution and support. We use the 65mm high feet because we need the height to clear the shark fin antenna on the rear of the roof. If that shark fin is removed, then you have the option of the table mount with the 65mm feet, or we can lower the rack to the 40mm feet. With the 65mm feet in place, the rack measures 5-1/2" from roof to top of rack. The 40mm feet would reduce this by 1". Hope that helps.

Thanks

James Pierce

Adventurer
Great build Paul!

I usually hang out with the Jeep and Trailer guys, didn't know what I was missing over here in the Yota section. ;)

Honu

lost on the mainland
have only read one person had interference with his rack could not get traffic and radio ? not a big deal just curious if you have had any
I dont want another rack for my new 4Runner but I really do want this one :) hahahahah I love these things coming from a gobi owner which was a good rack these things would be my rack of choice !!

Hi Keith,

Sorry for the delay. I answered your email, but thought I would write up an answer here too. Yes, the 2.2M 4Runner racks come with 10 feet on them. Each rack now has a foot or leg at every cross brace, for better load distribution and support. We use the 65mm high feet because we need the height to clear the shark fin antenna on the rear of the roof. If that shark fin is removed, then you have the option of the table mount with the 65mm feet, or we can lower the rack to the 40mm feet. With the 65mm feet in place, the rack measures 5-1/2" from roof to top of rack. The 40mm feet would reduce this by 1". Hope that helps.

Thanks

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
have only read one person had interference with his rack could not get traffic and radio ? not a big deal just curious if you have had any
I dont want another rack for my new 4Runner but I really do want this one :) hahahahah I love these things coming from a gobi owner which was a good rack these things would be my rack of choice !!

I LOVE mine!! Being that its aluminum, do you think would that lessen the likelihood of interference over steel, or vice versa?

Danielf

Observer
I've said it before, ima say it again. This build is rad. This is how I'm gonna clone my rig. Less the RTT and bumper.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Hi Keith,

Thanks

Hey Paul, with that said; do you recommend that I get an additional 4 legs since I have the old school setup with only 6? Also, are the new legs compatible with the 1st gen rack for the Hundy? Thanks.

dieck

Adventurer
Hi Paul,

Im interested in purchasing one of your K9 Racks for my 2015 4Runner trail. You mention in your post you elected to go with the 60mm legs but that 40 mm legs are available. I'm not going to get the table and I am interested in mounting the rack as close to the roof as possible. However I don't see the 40mm legs advertised on your site.

How would I source those?

Dalko43

Explorer
Maybe this has been answered, but what are you using for skid plates? I've been looking for something for my own rig that offers better protection than the stock plates, but still weighs less than the full steel protection packages offered by companies like RCI and Shrockworks.

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
I'm planning on using ARB on my 2015. Much lighter than the usual offerings but enough shaping and bent edges so they should be strong enough unless you like to bash rocks. They don't list one for 2015 but ARB tells me they will fit but may need to "hog out one hole".

Honu

lost on the mainland
I am in the same boat and keep thinking the ARB might be good enough for our use like Ace mentioned !
interesting on the hole part :)

so ditto this question :)

Maybe this has been answered, but what are you using for skid plates? I've been looking for something for my own rig that offers better protection than the stock plates, but still weighs less than the full steel protection packages offered by companies like RCI and Shrockworks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz