2013 Toyota 4Runner, Equipt Edition Build

RedStripeRanger

Boy, you gotta be quick around here. Ace is right. It is an Expedition One container. I custom built the holder for it. Pretty simple design. And the tap was the result of an Ace Hardware adventure. It has worked perfectly in that space. I don't have to remove the water at every camp, and it keeps gear from falling behind the fridge when I pull it out. I have really enjoyed it.

Cheers,

Haha you do! And thanks Paul, saw the post about the tap.

Equipt

Supporting Sponsor Presenting Sponsor of Overland
Hello Everyone,

The 4Runner drove away today with a very happy new owner in it. Congratulations Rich. I am sure you will enjoy that vehicle. I really did.

Cheers,

Equipt

Yep. Very bitter sweet. The next project is very close to launching.

Thanks,

Equipt

Yep, last week. I mentioned it 6 posts up. A very happy gentleman from CO.

cheers,

chmura

Adventurer
Think it's a Taco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Taco with the Habitat? That seems to be the new trend!

I actually test drove the new Tacoma last week because I see so many new Tacoma's on the road lately and they are growing on me FAST. Plus seeing the Habitat got me thinking maybe I should switch to a Tacoma.

Power wise, I did not find the Tacoma any quicker than my 4runner with 33" MT tires, which was little strange. Not sold on the 3.5L. I popped open the 16' Tacoma's hood and the build quality seemed inferior to the 4runner as well. The wiring harness had more exposed wires, the oem battery was small and looked like a generic one (no Panasonic). I doubt they can last 7+ years like the originals. Overall nothing seemed better than my 4runner. Sure the new car smell and backup camera was nice.. Maybe in 4-5 years I will make the switch to a new Tacoma and a version 2 or 3 Habitat! :)

Can't wait to see Paul's new build thread. His build thread made me purchase his 2.2m K9 Rack for my 4runner!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles