2014 Cummins

08Silverado

Adventurer
Been working on getting my new rig more capable. So far I've added a Leer camper and a Carli Backcountry suspension. I'm ready for some fall weather and off pavement travel!

08Silverado

Adventurer
Anyone have any clever ideas how I can mount the hi lift in the bed? Also I'm probably going to need to fab up some frame mounted sliders which would come in handy for lifting this beast if heaven forbid I need to change a flat

verdesardog

Explorer
Anyone have any clever ideas how I can mount the hi lift in the bed? Also I'm probably going to need to fab up some frame mounted sliders which would come in handy for lifting this beast if heaven forbid I need to change a flat

The OEM jack works well is you have a solid surface to place it on. I have the hilift gizmo that hooks into the wheels to lift by if not, and jack stands to set the axle down on to keep the tires in the air. The photo in my sig is my 06 CTD daily driver , expo and search and rescue rig. You can see many mods in my photo gallery at photocamel.com

1207.jpg

Last edited:

Dr. Cornwallis

Adventurer
Sweet truck man! A new 2500 CTD is what I think I'm going to go with for my next truck, it's just so hard to swallow that pill. I have a Tradesman priced out right at 50k, then I'm looking at another 7k for deletes, wheels, tires and a lift. I think long term though it will pan out to be the best option. Long term, though, full size diesel trucks are impossible to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Sweet truck man! A new 2500 CTD is what I think I'm going to go with for my next truck, it's just so hard to swallow that pill. I have a Tradesman priced out right at 50k, then I'm looking at another 7k for deletes, wheels, tires and a lift. I think long term though it will pan out to be the best option. Long term, though, full size diesel trucks are impossible to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That seems way high for a tradesman. I paid 43 for a 1-ton 4x4 with power windows,locks and auto tranny. Also came with chrome package, spray in bedliner,factory gooseneck hitch and 5" touch screen.

08Silverado

Adventurer
Thanks for all the kind words! The wheels are Method Double Standards 18X9. The tires are 37X13.50 Toyo MT. I'm really liking the truck so far. I've had it a little over a year now. I'm planning to do a sleeping platform and some storage in the back this fall/winter. I'm also starting to think about replacement bumpers. So far I can't decide between Aluminess and BuckStop. I like them both for different reasons. The BuckStop Baja appeals to me for the styling and ruggedness of all steel construction. The Aluminess appeals to me for the light weight of the aluminum construction. The only thing that bothers me about the Aluminess is how far it appears to stick out from the nose of the truck. I like the slim version of the power wagon Aluminess bumpers better. I would still like the option to put the winch in either bumper as well. The only draw back I see to the BuckStop is the extra weight that would hang off the front of the truck potentially causing unwanted wear and tear and adverse handling characteristics.

tractorjet

How do you like the suspension? I have the same truck except mine's a 2012. I leveled it and am running terra grappler g2's. Also have a Titan 52 gallon tank and a bed rug(highly recommend).
Rigging up a fridge with solar charging capability this winter. Great truck.

08Silverado

Adventurer
To say the suspension is great would be an understatement. In all fairness I haven't gotten to travel off road with it yet....so I'll have to report back after i do. I looked at a bed rug for my truck too, just decided I could live without it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior