2015 GMC Canyon

deadly99

Explorer
Ordered some Smitty Element traction aids and some d rings for recovery points. In the mean time went exploring some fun trails. Damn this can get expensive real quick trying to get this truck ready for a proper extended off road trip...I foresee working a whole lotta overtime in the next 12 months in order to be able to afford the list of stuff I hope to add to the truck

4.jpg

gmc.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

gmc2.jpg

3.jpg

Dropping the truck off t the dealership on Tuesday for some warranty work and a recall on the drivers seat. I wonder if they'll mind if I go wheeling in the loaner :ylsmoke:

Last edited:

photo nomad

Adventurer
Here is the Chevy Colorado with the 2" spacer lift up front and 285/70/17 GY Duratracs. It's my friends truck, just picked it up last wknd.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431805492.510988.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLoffroad1

Observer
Ooooo - musn't drool.
That looks awesome; I really hope these turn out to be a huge (relatively) commercial success.

deadly99

Explorer
Here is the Chevy Colorado with the 2" spacer lift up front and 285/70/17 GY Duratracs. It's my friends truck, just picked it up last wknd.
View attachment 284902

Is he having any rubbing? Tires will one of my first big purchases. Thanks in advance. Duratrac or Nitto Trail are the two tires I have been debating over. Size of tires seems to be a puzzle for me at the moment. Nitto trails have a narrower 32 inch and my understanding is width not height on a 32 is the issue

photo nomad

Adventurer
Is he having any rubbing? Tires will one of my first big purchases. Thanks in advance. Duratrac or Nitto Trail are the two tires I have been debating over. Size of tires seems to be a puzzle for me at the moment. Nitto trails have a narrower 32 inch and my understanding is width not height on a 32 is the issue

He says he gets some minor rubbing at full lock but was going to take it in for a alignment and see if they can push the caster forward a little to eliminate it.

deadly99

Explorer
So far so good, a few more days of exploring the back country. No issues to report. Still saving my pennies for a roof height cap and some tires. Added some recovery points front and back and some Smitty Elements. Ordered a Borla exhaust to give it some v6 rumble :ylsmoke:

That tune I did from WOT-Tuning is still the most impressive thing I have done to any vehicle. It has two setting (controlled from the cruise control button). The eco mode seems to be getting me just under 10 liters per hundred km (based on a few tanks of gas). The sport mode seems to have the truck getting just under 12 liters per 100 km. The sport mode is nothing but fun, really pulls you back into the seat and makes driving non paved roads and trails an exhilarating, wheel spinning experience. I was out with some of my buddies in their v8's and they were all test driving my truck and said it felt more powerful than theirs...that made me smile, lol. Really it's the aggressive tranny shifting that makes it feel that way. 330 hp is no trophy truck but it's no slouch either. In perspective a Tacoma is about 240 hp and when I swapped with a buddy the other day it felt like a 4 cylinder.

1.jpg

Not a lot of aftermarket parts available yet, good for the wallet, bad for the truck. There are a few things I'd like to buy like a snorkel, rock sliders, etc that aren't available yet. Hoping to see if I can modify an arb snorkel for a Tacoma to fit. Also have a dude who said he is willing to make some custom sliders for me, should happen in the next month or so. I haven't quite wrapped my head around what to do with the front bumper yet...thinking maybe an aluminum custom. I wont be rock crawling or anything so a steel one seems like unneeded weight. The flimsy piece of plastic it comes with makes me a bit nervous...for piece of mind I'l like something that could take a minor hit if.

Last edited:

DanR7985

Observer
I suppose I can post on your thread here as well as over at coloradofans ha. I am looking to get some sliders as well, and I thought about measuring to see if sliders from a Tacoma would fit. Any idea if they would be close?

deadly99

Explorer
Not sure, the fellow who is going to fabricate a set for me has a Tacoma...so in a couple of weeks I'll have a better idea. We will be drilling the frame (as opposed to welding them on).

Last edited:

deadly99

Explorer
10 L/100 km is about 23.5 mpg (U.S.).

That's a mix of highway/city driving. Driving purely country roads the last tank was 9.2 liters per hundred km (25.5 mpg). Pretty impressive for a truck. I was driving like a granny mind you...usually I keep in sport mode as it makes more enjoyable to drive.

Ordered some Bora one inch wheel spacers in preparation for new tires. Also ordered mounts for an led light bar (roof) from Addictive Desert Designs. They aren't for this model so some tweaking will have to be done. Once that's sorted and I have an accurate measurement I'll purchase a curved led light bar.

10, 000 km on the odo now.

Last edited:

michael_l

Observer
Cool, thanks for the update! I'm hoping the after market really picks up on these, I guess really only time will tell. If you have to get someone to fabricate every time you want to add something.....that usually makes things prohibitively expensive! Glad to see you're getting out there and using it too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles