2015 Provan Tiger Malayan

gdaut

I am pretty sure that vehicle has been listed for sale before and posted here. Same pictures, also in Vancouver area. Would be interesting to compare the current and past price and mileage. But this ad does not list mileage.

Thanks TooSteep! Good find and Post under “other classified adds”. I appreciate members taking the time to find and post these adds to help locate a possible good deal on these hard to find vehicles. Just saying........

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Here’s a much more affordable one (but of course older too):
http://www.tigervehicles.com/inventory/2008-tiger-bengal-cx-4x4-vehicle/

2008 TIGER BENGAL CX 4×4 ADVENTURE VEHICLE (USED VEHICLE)
Sale Price: $64,800
Miles on Odometer: 120,691
Chassis Highlights:
  • 2008 Chevrolet Regular Cab LT 4wd Chassis
  • 6.6L V8 Turbo Duramax Diesel Engine
  • Allison 6-speed Automatic Transmission
  • Shift-on-the-Fly 4wd
  • Interior Color: Tan
  • Exterior Color: Summit White
  • Power Mirrors – Extendable
  • Power Locks; Remote Keyless Entry; Power Windows
  • Six-Way Power Driver Seat
  • Upgraded Kenwood Stereo with Garmin Navigation
  • Cruise Control; AC; Driver Information Center; On-Star
  • Leather Seat Covers
Coach Highlights:
  • Interior Height – 6’1” to 5’11” (Bengal CX)
  • 3-Way Fridge
  • 2.5 Onan Propane Generator
  • Air Conditioning
  • Fantastic 3-Speed Power Vent
  • Flooring – carpet; Upholstery – cloth (Mink)
  • Single-Pane Sliding Windows
  • Regular Microwave
  • Direct TV Satellite
  • TV with DVD
  • Awning
  • Portable Toaster Oven
UNIT AVAILABLE FOR DELIVERY Mid-February
Vehicle Located at Provan Industries, LLC in West Columbia, SC
Call 803.955.3001

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Here’s another one:
2011 TIGER BENGAL TX 4×4 ADVENTURE VEHICLE (USED VEHICLE)
Selling Price: $89,500
Odometer Miles: 73,553
Chassis Highlights:
  • 2011 Ford Super Cab LARIAT Chassis
  • 6.2 ltr V-8 Gas Engine
  • Shift-on-the-Fly 4wd; Electronic Locking Differential
  • Leather Seating: Adobe (color)
  • Tiger Exterior Color: White
  • Lariat Interior Package: Power Seats, Rear View Camera, Heated Seats
  • Upfitter Switches; Remote Keyless Entry
  • Navigation System and Sirius Satellite Radio
  • Integrated Trailer Brake Controller
  • Ford Off-Road Package, including Skid Plates
  • Chrome Cab Step Rails; Power Mirrors – Extendable
  • 18” Forged Aluminum Wheels with All-Terrain Tires (Nitto Terra Grapler G2 AT)
  • Westin Front Bumper; Front Winch (Superwinch w/ Synthetic Line); Off-Road Lights
  • Off-Road Recovery Items; Tow Ropes, Viair Compressor, Leveling Blocks, and Accessories
  • Nylon Cover for Storage; Exterior Rear Lights
Coach Highlights:
  • Interior Height – 6’4”
  • Multi-Stage Converter/Charger; Blue Sea ACR Battery Charge Module
  • Nova Kool 2-Way Compressor Fridge (freezer delete, see below)
  • 2.8 Onan Generator
  • Air Conditioning w/ Heat Strip; Winter Package
  • Fiamma 8ft Awning
  • Fantastic 3-Speed Power Vent
  • Vinyl Flooring (Condor); Upholstery (Cloth – Hazelnut); Counter Top (Riverstone)
  • Three-Burner Range with Oven
  • 400w Solar Panel w/ Controller
  • Dual-Pane Insulated Louvered Windows
  • 19” Flat-Screen TV w/ DVD
  • 1000w True Sinewave Inverter
  • Electric Steps; Outside Shower
  • Maintenance Free AGM Coach Batteries (4 – 440ah)
  • Drinking Water Filtration System
  • Foam Mattress and Froli Bed System
  • Extended Cab Flat Platform
  • Front Overhead Bed Windows Deleted
  • Electrical Management System (EMS); Xantrex Battery Monitor
  • Removable Cabinet Shelves
  • Dining Table Deleted
  • Engel Portable Freezer (Installs in extended cab area)
UNIT AVAILABLE FOR DELIVERY IN MID-JANUARY 2019
Vehicle Located at Provan Industries, LLC

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Sure wish Tiger would stop using ************ commercial RV components.

Yeah, I’m curious too as to why you’re criticizing Tiger?
Did you or a friend own one and have bad experiences?
If so, please share.

As a relatively recent, very satisfied Tiger owner who’s already taken four big trips around the US in it, I’ve not discovered any of the ************ build issues in it that I’ve seen in so many other commercial RV’s. Mine seems well designed and well built, and has been an absolute pleasure to drive and a joy to live in, but if there are problems you know of that I need to be prepared to deal with, I’d appreciate the heads up.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
"How do they deal with flex between the camper and the cab?"

I've never had the opportunity (or desire) to try any extreme 4wd trails in my Tiger....off the pavement I've stayed on pretty decent forest service dirt roads and then driven somewhat off them to get to my campsites, and I haven't had any issues with that use. But I can't give you any first hand experience with driving on severely uneven, rutted or eroded trails to answer your question.

My Tiger has handled washboard roads fine, and driving rather slowly and cautiously, it's handled dirt trails up in the Sawtooths and the Mogollon Rim country fine too.

I think these are well constructed rigs but I don't think they're really designed for hardcore off-roading.

My previous 2wd 21' class B+ camper van was a complete misery to drive on any dirt or gravel roads, so I'm very happy with the new backroads areas opened up to me with the Tiger, but I sure wouldn't think about driving it on some of the rougher trails that I take my K2500 HD Chevy on!

If you're really curious about this issue, PM me and I'll post an inquiry on the Tiger's Owner Forum and get back to you with the responses.

F350joe

"How do they deal with flex between the camper and the cab?"

I've never had the opportunity (or desire) to try any extreme 4wd trails in my Tiger....off the pavement I've stayed on pretty decent forest service dirt roads and then driven somewhat off them to get to my campsites, and I haven't had any issues with that use. But I can't give you any first hand experience with driving on severely uneven, rutted or eroded trails to answer your question.

My Tiger has handled washboard roads fine, and driving rather slowly and cautiously, it's handled dirt trails up in the Sawtooths and the Mogollon Rim country fine too.

I think these are well constructed rigs but I don't think they're really designed for hardcore off-roading.

My previous 2wd 21' class B+ camper van was a complete misery to drive on any dirt or gravel roads, so I'm very happy with the new backroads areas opened up to me with the Tiger, but I sure wouldn't think about driving it on some of the rougher trails that I take my K2500 HD Chevy on!

If you're really curious about this issue, PM me and I'll post an inquiry on the Tiger's Owner Forum and get back to you with the responses.

Thanks for the answer, that makes sense. There are better vehicles for the hardcore stuff. If your flexing that much in a camper you probably made a wrong turn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles