2015 Ram 2500 Carli/Thuren Build W/Four Wheel Camper

Gibby56

Desert Rat
Front bumper is back from powder and on! It is extremely well built and went on without any issues. The hardest part was when i took off the original bumper, those dang backwards bolts the secure the bracket to the frame. Ended up dropping the intercooler to get them out. Gave me the time and space to bend back all the brackets i tweaked with that front end damage i got in the desert. All good now!

Camper is loaded for the season

Still need some lights for the front bumper. Thinking about an assortment of Baja Designs Squadron Pros. Just not a huge fan of the light bar look. I feel like the Chinese roof mounted stuff ruined it for me. Any thoughts on 8 pods in the middle vs a 30” S8 or OnX6?

kmacafee

Adventurer
Good deal, might end up going down that route for some more storage.

The 1500 is the same, I don't think the cabin air filters come on any Ram actually. The spot is there as you know, but just not cut out. I actually did that maybe a year ago and for like $25 was a pretty awesome mod.
My 2015 Laramie 3500 came with a cabin filter. Does seem odd it would not be on all trim levels.

Explorerinil

Observer
My 2015 Laramie 3500 came with a cabin filter. Does seem odd it would not be on all trim levels.
In 2017 all trims got it. Genos garage sells a kit if so one wants to install one in a truck that didn’t come with it, I’ve done it, it’s not to bad of a job.

Explorerinil

Observer
Front bumper is back from powder and on! It is extremely well built and went on without any issues. The hardest part was when i took off the original bumper, those dang backwards bolts the secure the bracket to the frame. Ended up dropping the intercooler to get them out. Gave me the time and space to bend back all the brackets i tweaked with that front end damage i got in the desert. All good now!

Still need some lights for the front bumper. Thinking about an assortment of Baja Designs Squadron Pros. Just not a huge fan of the light bar look. I feel like the Chinese roof mounted stuff ruined it for me. Any thoughts on 8 pods in the middle vs a 30” S8 or OnX6?
Why not consider some vision x led cannons? Power them with an spod. Nice bumper btw!

Gibby56

Desert Rat
Why not consider some vision x led cannons? Power them with an spod. Nice bumper btw!

I like Baja Designs because they are designed and manufactured in the US. Their quality and customer service has been top notch. From my understanding Vision X is designed in Washington but made in China? I might be wrong.

The sPod is a pretty trick unit but i plan on using the factory aux switches i retrofitted in. I prefer a stock looking interior on this truck. I’ll probably go the sPod route on the K5. Are you using one?

Thanks! I’ve always wanted the Thuren bumper. Really happy with how it came out and the quality that comes along with a Thuren product.

Gibby56

Desert Rat
Also for those that have been following along, all the pictures are low quality to help with loading on the page but are directly linked to the full resolution version.

Adventurous

Explorer

Would you be running all 8 pods to the same switch or breaking them up into groups? Biggest downside I can see to the pod approach is the additional wiring work needed to support 8 accessories vs a single bar.

Adventurous

Explorer
8h2iiP.jpg

Something I learned, that rubber grommet is double sided so you have to cut it on both sides (Engine bay and in the Cab). I don't like how much I had to cut it open to fit the large plugs through but the rubber is thick and unforgiving. I shoved a bunch of silicone in the cuts to make myself feel better.

Just FYI, although the ship has already sailed on this, rather than cutting through the grommet and introducing leak points, the block off plate to the left in your picture is a perfect candidate to drill through and run wires. I intend to put a bulkhead fitting in there when I run the rest of my aux accessories, but right now it's just a siliconed grommet. That way I can always just replace the little plate and no one would ever know.

Gibby56

Desert Rat
Just FYI, although the ship has already sailed on this, rather than cutting through the grommet and introducing leak points, the block off plate to the left in your picture is a perfect candidate to drill through and run wires. I intend to put a bulkhead fitting in there when I run the rest of my aux accessories, but right now it's just a siliconed grommet. That way I can always just replace the little plate and no one would ever know.
Great idea! The kit that was installed on that picture had the OEM style plug attached to it so i would have had to take apart the plug and feed 5 wires through. I figured the boot is down and hidden, plus i filled mine with silicone and haven’t had any sort of issues so far.

I have noticed the third brake light is leaking which i have read is typical. The headliner is starting to discolor. Has anyone else had this issue here yet?

Gibby56

Desert Rat
WSmqXA.jpg

Also, have some miles on the Synergy drag link and tie rod. It is incredible how much it tightened everything up. I didn’t believe the hype when i read about it. I figured the tie rod ends couldn’t be that much different than the factory set up but they are. The steering feels nice and tight. Highly recommended

str8t six

I have noticed the third brake light is leaking which i have read is typical. The headliner is starting to discolor. Has anyone else had this issue here yet?

mine hasnt leaked yet, but i went ahead and used a foam gasket material to seal around the light on the outside.

str8t six

mine hasnt leaked yet, but i went ahead and used a foam gasket material to seal around the light on the outside.

Explorerinil

Observer
Wonder why Carli or Don doesn't offer those if the OEMs are so 'bad'?
Back in the day don had a steering set up for ram trucks, I had one on my 2nd gen. I don’t know why he doesn’t make it anymore. As for carli, I don’t know, maby because there focus seams to be suspension, I realize they got into the ball joint and mount mounts now, they are filling a void in the market.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior