SOLD! 2015 Ram 3500 MegaCab Cummins with AEV XL kit & iKamper RTT: Las Vegas

CTDJeeperman

That truck is ************. 40s and 4.56s with aisin is killer.

Good luck with the sale.

Thanks 13!

Yeah the Cummins/Aisin/4.56s combo is perfect with the 40" tires. It drives great and has tons of power.

PMs replied to, more cool trade offers but I'd prefer just to sell.

CTDJeeperman

I've gotten some questions about if I'd sell the ikamper/accessories with the rack separately from the truck. I'm open to that idea, if someone is interested in that setup only or the truck without the iKamper/rack let me know.

sourdoughben

I've gotten some questions about if I'd sell the ikamper/accessories with the rack separately from the truck. I'm open to that idea, if someone is interested in that setup only or the truck without the iKamper/rack let me know.
Beautiful truck, it begs for a minimally equipped FWC. It would be a really fun rig for remote camping, exploring back roads.
BTW, I was at KOH camping and enjoyed looking over the race vehicles. But, 50,000 +folks stirring up the dry lake bed dust and racing around in every direction was the rub. My first and last time. I just returned from TDS, first and last time there too for the same reasons. Rigs like ours belong far far away from the maddening SoCal crowds. Cheers!

CTDJeeperman

Beautiful truck, it begs for a minimally equipped FWC. It would be a really fun rig for remote camping, exploring back roads.
BTW, I was at KOH camping and enjoyed looking over the race vehicles. But, 50,000 +folks stirring up the dry lake bed dust and racing around in every direction was the rub. My first and last time. I just returned from TDS, first and last time there too for the same reasons. Rigs like ours belong far far away from the maddening SoCal crowds. Cheers!

thanks, yeah I had previously thought about a 4WC (even a flatbed) but wanted something different. I think the flatbed Overland Explorer HBE popup has tons of potential...

CTDJeeperman

PMs replied to, truck is still available and I'm open to offers, but with the current situation I'm realistic that selling any specialty vehicle right now is probably going to take a while. For those that are asking I would sell without the iKamper / rack.

CTDJeeperman

Truck is back up for sale (took a pause due to COVID). A few updates on first post. Yes I will sell iKamper separately (but it goes as a package with rack and all iKamper accessories for $5K)

FCODEA

Hi, awsome rig, do you think this could work with a four wheel camper, a hawk flatbed? I’m looking for a truck to instal one, ind don’t really have the knowledge to build one im really new on this Overlanding stuff ? what’s the payload on this one? Is like 3,700 pounds?

CTDJeeperman

Hi, awsome rig, do you think this could work with a four wheel camper, a hawk flatbed? I’m looking for a truck to instal one, ind don’t really have the knowledge to build one im really new on this Overlanding stuff ? what’s the payload on this one? Is like 3,700 pounds?

this truck has the payload for almost any camper. I need to check but it’s @ 3,500-4,000 lbs. the tires really become the limiting factor with something very heavy since they are @ 3200/tire. This truck would be sweet with a flatbed pop up. If it doesn’t sell I might do something like that myself. I went with 3500 to have a huge payload capacity.

CTDJeeperman

this truck has the payload for almost any camper. I need to check but it’s @ 3,500-4,000 lbs. the tires really become the limiting factor with something very heavy since they are @ 3200/tire. This truck would be sweet with a flatbed pop up. If it doesn’t sell I might do something like that myself. I went with 3500 to have a huge payload capacity.

so the SAE chart says payload is 4130, the current tires have slightly less capacity than stock (could easily be swapped for more capacity tires) but with current tires payload should be reduced no more than 600 lbs due to an effective reduction in rear GAWR due to rear tires total capacity of 6400. (Original rear GAWR is 7000). Hopefully that makes sense. Overall GVWR of 12,300 is still achievable with current tires with proper weight distribution.

DrockCapeCod

What is the VIN#. I love the truck and your idea to pair it with the cirrus 720, but I need to put the cirrus 820 on it. I think the 820 wet might be too heavy with 800lbs of people, dogs and gear. What is your opinion? Thanks.

CTDJeeperman

What is the VIN#. I love the truck and your idea to pair it with the cirrus 720, but I need to put the cirrus 820 on it. I think the 820 wet might be too heavy with 800lbs of people, dogs and gear. What is your opinion? Thanks.
My Dad has an 800, they are all great campers. Only issue with a heavy hard side on this would be tires. You could go down to Toyo 37x13.50R17 (4300 lbs/tire) or go up to a 41” like the Swampers (on current wheel) or to a 10 lug 41" setup. There are other 40” options opening up but you might have to change rims to go to an 18 or 20. I’m not sure how heavy an 820 wet is but it would be close with current tires.

If you wanted to run a Cirrus on a truck like this, I'd probably run the 39.5" or 41" Swampers like some of the other AEV trucks out there.

Hopefully that helps

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior