2016 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71

D45

Explorer
2018 trucks must have diff programming and or sensors

I just installed a ported throttle body, ported intake manifold and a cold air intake on my friends 2018 5.3L Denali

The check engine light keeps popping on and it's throwing codes

Runs great with more power, just trying to figure it out

I didn't have, and don't have, any issues with my trucks mods

buellconvert

Have you checked your transmission fluid, how is the level and condition? From my experience these transmissions are very particular with the fluid level especially, it needs to be just right.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

buellconvert

I've had a Range AFM device on my 2016 for just shy of a year and haven't had any issues with it, but I did have some shifting issues that I found was from the trans fluid being just a slight bit low, did a fluid and filter swap and it's been great since, but it never popped a code though. Have you felt any shifting issues before or during the code?

D45

Explorer
What fluid type does the trans take?

I think it shifts funky......but I'm still used to my fully built billet 48RE

D45

Explorer
I was checking some things under the hood this morning

A quick disconnect line (vacuum or breather?) going to the intake manifold, on the driver side of the motor wasn't fully seated and wasnt snapped into place over a fitting

Likely my error when I swapped intake manifolds.......I'll see how things are over the next week or two

D45

Explorer
Good info on the 8 speed:

MAX HP: 650
MAX TQ: 635

Fluid: Dexron High Performance

Looking at the TSB for harsh and odd shifting, I called my dealership. Its not a recall so I would have to pay GM for the service? Nah, not going to happen

The issue seems to stem from “moisture content in the transmission fluid.” As such, the old GM transmission liquid is swapped for new Mobil 1 Synthetic LV ATF HP fluid. I am going to call around and get a price for a flush and fill

Dexron HP LV fluid is also accepted

D45

Explorer
I am also going to start looking at a new battery for the truck........doesnt seem weak, but most are saying 4-5 year life

Rather be safe, than sorry

buellconvert

Good catch and info on the transmission TSB and fluid, I don't have the 8 speed myself, I've got the 6 speed

SoTxAg06

My 19 has the 8 speed. Zero issues in 16K miles. It did randomly throw a code, but it had something to do with me rocking the truck hard when loading a 4 wheeler without the parking break set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D45

Explorer
Anyone know what the factory battery size or any specs on it?

Advanced Auto says that either the H6 r H7 is an exact fit

Both are the same price and I have a $50 off battery coupon

DieHard Platinum AGM:

The H6 is rated for:
950 CA
760 CCA
70 AH
45.6 pounds
AGM

H7 is rated for:
1000CA
850CCA
80 AH
51.8 pounds
AGM

D45

Explorer
I realized I never took off the negative cable on the battery when I previously installed the ported intake manifold

I have been debating taking it off and installing the stock part

After talking with the porting owner......i took the negative cable off and let it sit for 30 min

Truck drives alot better and has more low end ! Duh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles