2016 Nissan Frontier Build

flanaman

I though I would share the modifications I have made to my 2016 Frontier SV. I live in the Pacific Northwest and wanted a rig that I could camp, fish, bike, explore, etc. It is my daily driver so I don't "wheel" it too hard, but she's a reliable rig that has gotten me everywhere I want to go. Below are the details and pictures:

Year: 2016
Make: Nissan
Model: Frontier
Trim: SV

Modifications:

Interior:
  • Ham Radio: Icom 2730A
  • Overhead Switch Panel
Exterior:
  • Diamond K400 NMO Hood Mount
  • Tram Dual Band NMO Antenna
  • 28 Inch Curved Light Bar
  • Rhino Lined Grille
  • Flush Bumper Mount Rear-Facing Auxiliary Lighting
  • LED Rock Lights (10)
  • Bussman Fused Relay Box (Mounted in engine bay with breaker)
  • Rhino Liner 1150 GT in Bed
  • Snugtop Canopy
  • Canopy Lighting
  • Sleeping Platform
  • Rear Diff Breather Extension
Tires:
  • 265/75 R16 General Grabber ATx
In Progress:
  • ARB 2500 Awning (Purchased, waiting for Rhino Rack Platform on the canopy)

Last edited:

flanaman

Here you go!

It is 2x6's and 1/2 in OSB covered in indoor/outdoor carpet. I was torn between 3/4 and 1/2 inch. I am glad I went with the 1/2 inch. After adding the center support, there is no flex in the platform at all.

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    530.5 KB · Views: 15

flanaman

No lift, 265/75R15's fit great. An AAL kit is on the wish list. When the truck is loaded down with the canopy, recovery gear, camping gear, etc. it definitely shows. It hasn't affected performance this far but clearance is definitely a concern on some of the rockier trails in the area. Thanks!

flanaman

I added a couple more modifications to the Frontier (we have decided to name her Joanne).

First, I installed a RAM Track and X-Grip Mount to the dash so I could utilize a Galaxy S2 for navigation. I ordered the shortest RAM track I could find but still had to do a little trimming to get it to mount flush. The goal was to make it look as "factory" as possible to I painted the stainless hardware black once it was mounted inside the dash tray.

I drove down some local washboard trails and was very satisfied with the lack of movement with the set up.

I am using Gaia for mapping. I also bought an OBD II Bluetooth transmitter and have been playing around with the Torque Pro App to monitor diagnostics. I can't seem to get it to display transmission temps though, everything else is working great (any tips would be greatly appreciated).

Second, I installed a Rhino Rack roof track system on top of the Snugtop canopy. I ended up having to mount the tracks a little farther outboard than I had initially planned because of the honeycomb reinforcement on top of the interior of the canopy. I am planning on ordering the Rhino Rack Pioneer platform next week. Once it comes in, I will mount it and get the brackets to mount the ARB 2500 Awning I previously purchased.

Attachments

• Gaia Tablet.jpg
    Gaia Tablet.jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 21

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz