2016 Range Rover TD6 diesel 40,000 mile test

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2016-range-rover-diesel-long-term-test-review

Car and Driver drove a TD6-equipped Range Rover 40,000 miles in about a year. They averaged 26 mpg, and used a gallon of diesel exhaust fluid per 1700 miles. They had electrical issues with the instruments and entertainment systems, and had a fault in the air suspension system that was repaired under warranty.

So, nice car, but better live close to a LR dealership.

Never buy a first year production model anything in my opinion! Considering that is probably the only 40k mileage TD6 in the current package, I would say that's not too bad actually.

The new setups are always going to have software problems even if the engine has been in another vehicle elsewhere. We have so many emissions system controls that the engine is working overtime just to stay inside the authorized windows of CARB.

I agree though, lots of electronics makes a person wonder how hard it will be to maintain once the warranty runs out. My D3 is almost 9 years old, the electronics are stone age compared to what is in the D5/RR current package. Scary business IMO! lol

Still love me some Landies though.......

A.J.M

Explorer
That 3.0 engine has been around since 2010 over here. Making either 245 or 255 bhp depending on age, the 8 speed D4 got the 255 engine.
My mate has just had his remapped from the 255 up to 310bhp, which gives some serious extra overtaking grunt and will make towing even more effortless.

Strange with the Adblue needing so much refills. Again a friend has a 2016 D4 with the engine, he got to 22,000 miles before needing his first fill up of the tank. Not sure on how many litres it took.

I do love the L405. It's being watched for the values to fall into range in a few years to either replace my D3 or to join it.

LR Max

Local Oaf
They were probably romping on it, hence the DEF fluid consumption. Or they towed with it. If you wanna see DEF fluid disappear, do some towing.

That said, it isn't bad. Big rigs and whatnot typically gotta refill the DEF tank every couple of days. Some construction equipment need it refilled daily (assuming the equipment is under near 100% load and they run it all day).

I got to drive a 2016 RRS with a diesel. It was extremely lovely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior