2016 Tacoma

p nut

butter
I don't know what the crap that other thread was.....

Anyway, Tacoma is making its debut in Chi-town tomorrow (along with a test course in the building). Hoping that they will release some figures. Some online article said it was going to crush the Colorado (3.6L, 305hp, 24MPG), but the credibility of that site was nearing zero. Excited for what comes out of it, though.

PS - Please direct all C-Channel related comments to the other thread. :costumed-smiley-007

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Been waiting a long time to hear these numbers. Hopefully they will also release the prices. I just wish you could get a tacoma with 0%APR for 60 months like you can a Tundra.

Clutch

<---Pass
I don't know what the crap that other thread was.....

Anyway, Tacoma is making its debut in Chi-town tomorrow (along with a test course in the building). Hoping that they will release some figures. Some online article said it was going to crush the Colorado (3.6L, 305hp, 24MPG), but the credibility of that site was nearing zero. Excited for what comes out of it, though.

What was the guesstimates on the power output & mileage?

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Been waiting a long time to hear these numbers. Hopefully they will also release the prices. I just wish you could get a tacoma with 0%APR for 60 months like you can a Tundra.
I got the distinct impression from the dealer where we bought our '08 (factory certified is why) that there's no reason for Toyota to offer much better than the prevailing rates and terms. They pretty much don't have to listen to offers, if you're not willing to price straight from NADA they'll move the next buyer who will. We were able to deal a little being that we put cash on the table. We were also considering a new truck and shopping offers and incentives. But even new trucks are sold before they roll off the truck, at least the model we were seeking (6-speed MT Access Cab). It's good to be the king of your market segment.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
The tundra is the low man on the totem pole in its segment, so that stuff is needed to compete. The Tacoma is top dog and looks like it will stay that way.

If payload isn't up to snuff on the Taco I will be buying a Tundra regular cab 8' bed 2040 lbs payload! And a Granby four wheel camper shell.

jaxyaks

Adventurer
I got the distinct impression from the dealer where we bought our '08 (factory certified is why) that there's no reason for Toyota to offer much better than the prevailing rates and terms. They pretty much don't have to listen to offers, if you're not willing to price straight from NADA they'll move the next buyer who will. We were able to deal a little being that we put cash on the table. We were also considering a new truck and shopping offers and incentives. But even new trucks are sold before they roll off the truck, at least the model we were seeking (6-speed MT Access Cab). It's good to be the king of your market segment.

Glad to see they are updating it. I think sometimes, not all the time, dealers use the. "We won't make a deal on Tacoma" as a tactic to throw people off of asking. I bought a 06 years ago and they tried the same thing, I walked off the lot more than once on multiple days and ended up getting exactly what I wanted. Jeep does the same thing with the Wrangler...

p nut

butter
www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRbanutJM84

Not a fan of those taillights, nor the chrome trimmings. Seems like lots of plastic still on the interior, but overall, it still looks much more refined than the Colorado. Leather is a nice option and looks good. I like the brown/blue contrast on that Limited model. Front end looks good, too, as well as little things like, "Toyota" on the rear tailgate latch (I like dumb little things like that). Couple of nitpicks, but a lot to like.

No power/MPG figures, unfortunately. Looks like Toyota's going to keep us on the edge of the seat for a while longer...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior