2016 TOYOTA SEQUOIA OVERLANDER BUILD

Silverhorse

Adventurer
Hi Guys,
I’m still in the parts-gathering stage of my build, but this is the planned parts list for the Sequoia Expo Rig:
FRONT AXLE- ICON Coilovers
UCA- ICON with Delta Joint
REAR AXLE- Tundra rear axle swap with Leaf spring conversion, ICON RXT Multi Rate leaf spring
WHEELS- 17” ICON Rebound
TIRES- Nitto Ridge Grappler , (33” or 34”)
RACK- Rhino, ARB or Front Runner
SNORKEL- Modified-ARB 200 series
RTT- CVT or Tepui
WINCH BUMPER- Expedition One or CBI
REAR BUMPER with tire carrier- CBI
Traction device- ARB front and rear
SKID PLATES- ARB
DIFF BREATHERS-ARB
WINCH-WARN

ordered and in route-
Tundra tow mirrors
Heat Shield - windshield Reflector(loves these things)
Weather Tech floor liners
Vent Shades

Attached Thumbnails

The_Eng

Interesting list for the build. Just curious why the leaf spring swap instead of finding coils and running an airbag?

molanginaeda

Observer
You sir will be the first one on a 2nd gen toyota sequoia with a solid axle off a tundra. Interested on your build as I'm also a 2nd gen sequoia owner.

Nice! I don't know much about the Sequoia. I'm assuming they have regular 4 wheel derive with 2 speed transfer case?

-M

molanginaeda

Observer
Hi Guys,
WINCH BUMPER- Expedition One or CBI
REAR BUMPER with tire carrier- CBI
Traction device- ARB front and rear

Very interested on the following upgrade and will be following your upgrade process. If CBI willing to build a rear bumper with tire carrier, I would be his next customer (I know a few sequoia owner will jump on this too). As for Winch bumper, I'm currently have ARB Deluxe Bull bumper. Also some research do mention front diff is the same as Tundra. Rear diff is different and unique due to IRS. If you can swap Tundra solid axle, you should be able to get the tundra 10.5 diff upgraded.

jbtaco2002

Any chance there's been an update in the last ~7 month's? i just joined and the Tundra rear axle conversion has my attention as well as the CBI rear bumper. i have an '08 Sequoia.

thanks!
John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online