2016 Toyota Tacoma Expedition Build

Expedition Essentials

Approved Vendor : Expedition Essentials
Actually I would like to know a little more about those bumper modifications when you get a moment if you don't mind. I know you're a busy man.

I am not a welder/fabricator, but could you tell me a little more about the corner reinforcements you made/why you made them? Was that to handle the addition of the second swing out or b/c you were repositioning things on the swing outs?

I have seen folks mention using those 4x innovations pivots in custom work, so I'm assuming they offer something burlier than what came from CBI?

I have had a number of fabricators tell me they can't do dual swing on a regular style bumper (versus a HC) but obviously CBI is doing it and have been doing so for years from the look of it. Just figured it would be good to get comments from a fabricator who has done it.

Thank you again for the information & Happy 4th of July!

Hey man. Apologies for the delay: show season is in full swing right now.

Yes you can totally do a dual swing on a regular bumper.

The only problem on that which is more of just a hurdle is most will lack the corner structure to account for the extra weight to keep it from twisting.

In my case with the CBI single swingout was it only had the bracing on one side, so I pretty much had to duplicate what they did on the opposite.

That consisted of a square tube diagonal brace and an inside horizontal brace at the rear.

After that the bumper was fully capable of effectively supporting the additional weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey man. Apologies for the delay: show season is in full swing right now.

Yes you can totally do a dual swing on a regular bumper.

The only problem on that which is more of just a hurdle is most will lack the corner structure to account for the extra weight to keep it from twisting.

In my case with the CBI single swingout was it only had the bracing on one side, so I pretty much had to duplicate what they did on the opposite.

That consisted of a square tube diagonal brace and an inside horizontal brace at the rear.

After that the bumper was fully capable of effectively supporting the additional weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank again Jeff. I really appreciate it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior