2017 Chevy Colorado ZR2

balexander87

Observer
GM has issued a statement on how the race went:

http://media.chevrolet.com/media/us...es/news/us/en/2017/aug/0821-colorado-zr2.html

"Despite cutting a few tires along the course and the expected rock damage, the ZR2 held up well under the punishing conditions of this 539-mile race. Only 204 of the 336 vehicles entered in the race completed the challenging course.

“This truck is a lot tougher than I thought it was going to be,” said Chad Hall. “I clobbered some things on the course that would’ve broken many of the vehicles we competed with in the past." "

AlexCold

Observer
Just to corroborate, the ZR2 can run the Rubicon fairly unscathed. Just some minor Rock rash to the stock sliders, and if I remember correctly most were on the stock Duratracs.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I want one of these so bad, but am trying to be semi responsible and wait 6 months-1year after they have come out to work out any bugs. My local dealer has one on the lot( its the second, the first they sold before it was unloaded off the truck) w/ the duramax. They are awesome, i'm convincing myself its a better daily driver then my 2004 2500 6.0 that gets 10....

The one I priced out is 45k after my company discount. with the only options, rubber floor, remote start,block heater, duramax,

Jason911

Adventurer
Your fuel economy would double instantly. Plus its 13 years newer, there's bound to be a few other things that catches your wow factor.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Your fuel economy would double instantly. Plus its 13 years newer, there's bound to be a few other things that catches your wow factor.

True, maybe just a few things The front and rear lockers, tuned shocks,- All Stock. I have a locker in my 3/4 ton, and ICON stage 2 suspension,re gear, was all < budget friendly. But does a great job. my 04, I have had since she was new and now has 240k on it. Has taught me a new appreciation for stock engineering. I would still keep it though.

The company i work for has a revolving door of new rigs Ford, Dodge, Chevy. The ZR2 is the only thing i've even considered, or that caught my eye.

Jason911

Adventurer
The company i work for has a revolving door of new rigs Ford, Dodge, Chevy.
First world problems right there!

I had a '04 2500HD with the same engine. All stock save for some 305 tires. 12 all day long. Hang the plow on and it was 10. Felt your pain, except I traded it less than a year later for a '05 demo Duramax LLY.

Redman333

Adventurer

I had a '04 2500HD with the same engine. All stock save for some 305 tires. 12 all day long. Hang the plow on and it was 10. Felt your pain, except I traded it less than a year later for a '05 demo Duramax LLY.

These must be more popular by you then. The first few that came in to the dealer here were gone within weeks. Now they have had 3 on the lot for a few months now with no interest. I want to actually go by there because they have a black one with the duramax in it.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic

Right?! but it does allow me to spend time with new rigs across mfgrs. At 60k miles they all get traded in. Whichever mfgr makes the best deal with us for that year, for X of new rigs gets the contract.

Yeah, I got it i raised livestock, hauled hay, critters, horses, etc with it and could only afford one rig. Life has now changed a little and could swing two.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
The cowboy types in my family have the truck that haul stuff. When they arent hauling livestock, feed or some other junk they all drive cars. LOL

vartz04

Adventurer
I don’t have a ZR2 or a diesel but man I love this truck. It’s a GMC but same thing. It’s comfortable, crew cab back seat is decent, the interior layout is about perfect for me and it’s just the right size. I have had full-size trucks but never really used them. This truck with the V6 and 8 speed trans is getting 20-21 mpgs driving country roads and close to 23 on regular highway. I think they are really going to start stealing the market share in this community from the taco.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles