2017 Chevy Express Extended 4x4 Sportsmobile

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Actually, all kidding aside, that rear dry box sounds like a good place to store your potti...once you’re in camp, get out one of those quick pop up toilet tents, put it right behind the rig, grab the potti from the rear bumper and put it in the tent...voila, you’ve got an instant, private bathroom!

8D24933B-2E97-45FF-8E57-D77BC5A7B404.jpeg

Last edited:

TheDriver

Observer
Max exterior height with the top down? If it's the awning can you measure without it as well? I'm wondering if this will fit in my garage (required winter condo parking). Thanks!

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Standard height of the Express is just about 83”.

This very nice, capable van reportedly has a 3” lift. And larger tires too,

I’m pretty sure that sadly puts this camper van too high to fit through your basic, standard 7’ high garage door entry (which usually is even smaller due to top frame and gasket). It’s what made me have to cross this one off my list (my HOA requires that we park inside, not on the street or in our driveways).

TheDriver

Observer
Thanks for the height info - unfortunately my max height (which my JKU clears by an inch) is 82". I guess a van upgrade is going to depend on a move first.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Hey Chris Cordes......how about highlighting this sweet rig on the main story pages?

nomad661

Standard height of the Express is just about 83”.

This very nice, capable van reportedly has a 3” lift. And larger tires too,

I’m pretty sure that sadly puts this camper van too high to fit through your basic, standard 7’ high garage door entry (which usually is even smaller due to top frame and gasket). It’s what made me have to cross this one off my list (my HOA requires that we park inside, not on the street or in our driveways).

I'm only being slightly sarcastic but mostly just curious what would ever possess someone to live somewhere they weren't allowed to park in their god damn driveway? Proximity to job is about the only thing I can fathom. Shrug.

Anyway, free bump for a cool rig! Good luck selling!

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
I'm only being slightly sarcastic but mostly just curious what would ever possess someone to live somewhere they weren't allowed to park in their god damn driveway? Proximity to job .....?

Close guess....long story short, we had to move back home to help my 84 yr old mom with her last life’s journey (lung cancer) so we had to buy a place in a big hurry as nearby to her house as possible. This neighborhood was it. It was an unexpected move. Life just has a tendency to do things like that to you.

Anyway, BTT for this lovely camper van.

nomad661

Sorry to hear about your mother. Best of luck with it all. I moved back across the country to PA for 5 months to be the primary caretaker for my grandfather when his cancer put him in hospice. So I sort of get it. I was able to stay with my mother though and not have to buy/rent a place. And cheers for being the type of person to do that, seems to be a dying breed!

Sorry for the derail, OP. I'll get better about staying off people's threads while drinking whisky! ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne