2017 RAM 2500c Build. Tradesman---->AEV'ish

Austo

Observer
Installed some Rigid Industries lights. I figured I would use the front light bar frequently but the rear bumper lights have been great for loading and unloading trailers.

Happy with quality, still not sure if the light bar looks "ricey."

Austo

Observer
How did you mount the bar on the front?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We drilled some different holes on the mount that aligned with the bumper rear two factory holes and not the front one since its on a curve. I tried getting the same mount AEV uses with their light bar but neither the light company or AEV could remember the bracket number, hmmm. ?!?

Anyways, not sure that bracket would have worked but I would have liked to try the proper one first....

Darwin

Explorer
Do you get any sway bar or radius arm rub with the 13.5 wide Toyos and AEV rims? I am picking up a 3500 this week and going with AEV wheels but unsure about tires, I know AEV said they don't recommend a 13.5 wide tire, but it appears to be impossible to find tires that can match the load rating of the 13.5 Toyos, and I really want/need the capacity.

Full turning radius?

Last edited:

Explorerinil

Observer
What’s your impression on the toyo mt now that you’ve had them for awhile? How’s the road noise with wear on them? Buy them again?

ttengineer

Adventurer
Do you get any sway bar or radius arm rub with the 13.5 wide Toyos and AEV rims? I am picking up a 3500 this week and going with AEV wheels but unsure about tires, I know AEV said they don't recommend a 13.5 wide tire, but it appears to be impossible to find tires that can match the load rating of the 13.5 Toyos, and I really want/need the capacity.

Full turning radius?

I run a 37.5x12.50r17 Nitto Ridge grapplers on my 3500. I haven’t had any issues. If I remember the capacity is like 3200lbs at 55psi which for me is more than enough at 6400lbs per axle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Austo

Observer
Dang that’s a huge light bracket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is, couldn't move it back further because the rigid bar is larger than the opening. I'm not in love with it, will probably change it out with something slimmer eventually.

Full turning radius?

It rubs slightly at full lock, it's not a huge issue if you really want to run that tire.

What’s your impression on the toyo mt now that you’ve had them for awhile? How’s the road noise with wear on them? Buy them again?

I like them, I'm at about 17,000 miles on them. They aren't terribly noisy, similar to other MT tires. I would buy them again but they don't make a 12.5 and thats the direction I'll likely go on my next set.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior