2017 Taco TRDOR Overland Build

jgpoirier

Adventurer
Great job. I'm impressed for sure!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thanks!

Awesome. It looks as if the white TRD SB is a well liked truck...Same one I'm getting. It's a popular truck. Looks great with the add ons.
Yea I love mine, definitely enjoying the SB vs my 05 LB, good decision. Thank you

Looks great!

I will watch for you/your rig at the BC Overland Rally!
Thanks! Awesome, look forward to meeting you.

That looks brilliant mate. Do the doors seal? I'd love to see some detail of the door construction. Are the doors framed or just a sheet?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

jgpoirier

Adventurer
Update for June

I have basically completed the inside of the canopy today. This has been an extremely rewarding experience, but I don't think I would do it again anytime soon.

In total there is now:

60L fresh water tank
1GPM, 40 psi, pump
Group 35 Yellow Top
Blue Sea Systems 6 cct with neg bus
Switch Panel
Dunn and Watson Fridge Slide
2- 40" Dunn and Watson locking drawer slides. 125kg full extension
LED strip lighting throughout the canopy

Now for the results

zqSfxQj.jpg

vLfGwtb.jpg

zr1nZuf.jpg

Last edited:

harv3589

Adventurer
Very nice truck! Debating trading off my power wagon for a Tacoma.....

What kind of honest gas mileage r u getting in it?

6pointslow15

#1 Baby Maker
Love the organization and slide-out drawer. I learned so much about accessories just from this thread. Your taco is saweet! The late-body style front ends with that bumper look wicked

jgpoirier

Adventurer
Very nice truck! Debating trading off my power wagon for a Tacoma.....

What kind of honest gas mileage r u getting in it?

I've got a buddy thinking about ditching his 1 ton cummins for a Tacoma now too.
On our last trip to BCOR I did 14.9L/100kms. Not super good, but I'm pretty happy considering the weight, tires, and wind resistance I have. I usually get about 550-575kms to a tank even in town.

Love the organization and slide-out drawer. I learned so much about accessories just from this thread. Your taco is saweet! The late-body style front ends with that bumper look wicked

In my experience now, organization is key to having an enjoyable truck and touring trips. Awesome man I'm glad to hear that you've learned something from me haha. Thanks man! Yes I agree, I didn't like the 3rd gen until I saw the ARB Summit Bar released for it.

jgpoirier

Adventurer
Some photos from our BC Overland 2017 Trip

4BbGhco.jpg

bLb9qPs.jpg

FbENmdB.jpg

orTqFc7.jpg

y6baNa5.jpg

9oj6nbH.jpg

And... I got to drive the ARB 3rd Gen SEMA Tacoma. There is definitely something to be said about the BP51's over the nitrocharger sports. If we didn't have to pay for our wedding next year, I'd be buying them tomorrow. Unreal.

1HUzKHT.jpg

Last edited:

jktyler

Truck looks amazing!! just wondering if you have any pics of how you ran the wiring to the bed? and where you placed the switch panel?

Thanks.

jgpoirier

Adventurer
Truck looks amazing!! just wondering if you have any pics of how you ran the wiring to the bed? and where you placed the switch panel?

Thanks.

Thanks Tyler! Are you looking for the feeds to the battery pictures, or a wiring diagram? I placed the switch panel on the passenger side next to the drawers and above the water outlet valve as you can see in the picture below. I will be however transitioning the LEDs inside the topper to door switches soon, instead of off the switch panel.
vLfGwtb.jpg

jktyler

Thanks for the Info, i was looking for a pic with how the wires are ran from the front battery to the back to power everything.

Thanks again.

jgpoirier

Adventurer
Thanks for the Info, i was looking for a pic with how the wires are ran from the front battery to the back to power everything.

Thanks again.

I've seen folks run wires through the bed's drainage holes (after making them larger), as well as by drilling holes in the metal part of the bed at the very rear of the truck.

I ran mine into the bed cubbies, because those are easily replaceable (should the need arise), and aren't a permanent modification to the bed itself. Photos and further details in this post.

Tyler,

I ran everything pretty much the same as ESW, except that I did cut a hole in my bed. I have alternate plans for my compartments that wouldn't involve electrical in the cubbies. I essentially made use of the existing hole I had made for the ARB fridge socket.

Basically from the battery at the headlight, I followed the existing cab wiring harness down along the frame as far as I could, then popped up into the bedside right after the cab, over the inside of the wheel well, and out into the bed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles