SOLD

Asking price: $148,500

Here is my craigslist add for additional pictures:

3B8DA212-6F6E-42CA-B680-94CAC48965F7.jpeg
13E41E5C-90FC-45FC-B3CB-A6E2C476A600.jpeg

DAF0BE59-4923-4B88-B4BA-3152140D93D7.jpeg
EAEC025A-ABAA-4B80-A31D-9FD8AF8201B8.jpeg
D4D10F17-8951-4E38-81CE-50A37D3C7C67.jpeg

You see a lot of vans that are said to have it all. In this case that’s pretty close to true. This is a 2018 4x4 2500 high roof 170” Sprinter van purchased new near the end of 2018. The van was factory equipped with the driver comfort package, the driver efficiency package, the active safety plus package, and some other goodies. The full factory build sheet is available upon request. The van currently has about 8,500 miles on it. I built this van out myself sparing no expenses to take on a mini-retirement adventure. It was a wonderful 9 weeks but with another little one on the way it’s time to part ways. The van is lightly used, though I’ve refurbished some of the wear items like the dinning table –rather than used, I think it’s better to think of it as proven. The systems have been used and tested enough to feel good about them and not much more than that. This van is truly a pleasure to spend time in and won best floor plan/layout at the 2019 Mt. Hood Adventure Van expo.

Below is a full list of the build specs, but I’d like to hit a few of the highlights here. The van is fully
insulated, including the floor. It can be heated by a Rixen Enterprises system, it can be cooled by a DC rooftop air conditioner. All the freshwater lines and tank are inside the van and it can be used in the dead of winter. There’s hot water, a stainless-steel indoor shower and an outdoor showersprayer. There’s a composting toilet that can live permanently in the shower/toilet room. The toilet was in our opinion an absolute must have. There’s a DC Isotherm Fridge and Freezer drawer, which really does keep things frozen. Nothing quite like making smoothies at a rest stop on a hot summer day! The van seats 4 and can comfortably sleep two adults and a child as it’s currently configured. The garage is tall enough for mountain bikes and has one fork mount currently installed. There’s an on-board air compressor, a high output Aux alternator, 200Ah lithium house battery, and 360 Watts of rooftop Solar. There’s exterior lighting, and interior lighting all on dimmers. The underbelly is fully protected with Van Compass skid plates, and the suspension has been upgraded using their Stage 4 Suspension package. The rims are Roam Built/Hutchinson double bead locks with 33” tall tire for a little extra clearance off roading. The van runs off electric and diesel – including a diesel fired Webasto Cooktop, so there’s no propane on board to worry about filling or shutting off. There’s also a 20gal auxiliary fuel tank for when you’re venturing off the beaten path.

1) 39gal Custom made stainless steel freshwater tank – inside the van.
2) Votronic Fresh water level guage
3) 7gal gray water tank
4) 20gal auxiliary fuel tank – Agile off road.
5) Rixen Enterprises heating system: D5 Diesel Hydronic Furnace – this heats the hot water and
the van.
6) Carbon water filter
7) UV water filter – all the water that’s pumped out of the freshwater tank first passes through a
carbon filter followed by a UV filter.
8) 2lb closed cell spray foam professionally applied in ceiling and walls
9) ½” continuous XPS foam board installed under ¼” subfloor
10) Teragren 3 ply ¼” bamboo wall paneling
11) Custom all aluminum Cabinets by CTech Manufacturing
12) Custom Mattress made by Verlo
13) Lagun swivel table
14) Front passenger swivel base
15) Front passenger short seat base (so that your legs aren’t hanging in the air when you swivel the
seat around)
16) Custom stainless-steel shower/toilet room
17) Air Head composting toilet with constant negative pressure exterior venting through the roof
18) Nova Flex Strip Lighting
19) Nora Josh Puck lights
20) LifeBlue LiFepO4 12V 200Ah battery (everything about the electrical setup cold if desired
support another 200Ah battery if you found it necessary – this depends on how often you move
around since the Aux alternator can charge you up pretty fast when driving if it’s a cloudy day. If
it’s sunny, you’ll be fully charged by late morning or mid-day).
21) Victron MPPT 100/30 solar charge controller
22) 4x Zamp Z90 solar panel
23) Victron MultiPlus C 12/2000/80-50 – 120V inverter/Charger
24) Victron Color Control
25) Aux Alternator by Nations starter and Alternator with 3 belt kit – 280XP with the Balmar
regulator
26) Van Compass Air compressor mount
27) Viair 450H on board air compressor with 2-gal accumulation tank
28) Fiamma F65 Awning
29) Webasto X100 Diesel fired cooktop – the combustion is in an internal chamber and is exhausted
to the outside using a dedicated concentric intake and exhaust. (so absolutely no fuels are
smelled when using the cooktop)
30) Ruvati 15 x 15 RV sink
31) Kohler K-7506 kitchen faucet with Pullout spray
32) Hansgrohe Thermostatic Valve and shower sprayer.
33) Isotherm Drawer 85 SS INOX 3CUFT AC/DC refrigerator w/Freezer
34) Van Compass Stage 4 Suspension package with adjustable rear shocks
35) Van Compass Engine skid plate, Transmission/transfer case skid plate, fuel tank skid plate, and
rear differential skid plate
36) Van Compass sway bar quick disconnect
37) Roam Built double bead lock 16” wheels
38) Cooper Discover S/T MAXX in 255/85/R16
39) TourRig window shades from windshield, front sides windows and middle side windows.
40) TourRig Powder Skirt from Rear of the van (so your pillows don’t fall out when you open the rear
doors)
41) T-Vent Window installed on drivers’ side
42) Maxx Air roof top fan
43) Rigid Industries LED exterior scene lights x3
44) Rigid Industries LED exterior rear light
45) roof top A/C unit - DC powered Pro Air Electra kool.

Last edited:

eugarps

Wow! What a beautiful, well equipped van! Out of curiosity, would it be registered as a Mercedes-Benz or something else? I ask, because my future HOA doesn’t like RVs.

Bill

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vantasticvistas

Wow! What a beautiful, well equipped van! Out of curiosity, would it be registered as a Mercedes-Benz or something else? I ask, because my future HOA doesn’t like RVs.

Bill

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It’s currently registered as just a Mercedes sprinter. The cost of registering as an rv would I believe have been more and since I was able to fully insure it as is I didn’t re title it.

ovrland6250

Awesome build! You did a ton of work for that 9 week adventure...respect. Are you on to another project or just moving on from having a van? Thanks!

eugarps

“It’s currently registered as just a Mercedes sprinter. The cost of registering as an rv would I believe have been more and since I was able to fully insure it as is I didn’t re title it.“

Thanks! I think most HOA’s would allow a Sprinter but not an XYZ brand RV, so just leave it titled as it is.

Bill

Surfy

Adventurer
What a beauty! High travel comfort, paired with a good living space.

For a worldtrip above one year, this would be one of the best setups!

Surfy

luthj

Engineer In Residence
It would be helpful for the next owner to know, its obvious you weighed it at some point. I am betting its about 8,300lb with driver and passenger, but that's just a guess.

ekibike

Great looking van. We've already got a vehicle we're converting to a camper so I'm not in the market, but good luck with the sale!

It would be great for us (and other folks building a camper I'd assume) to learn more about the shower - can you share any info about who built it/cost/design/etc? Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles