2018 Grand Wagoneers?

A

AngryRedBird

My understanding on this , is that the so called "new" wagoneer, is an updated version of the failed Commander.. hey dad is still driving his 83 Wagoneer, the a homemade winch tucked under the front bumper..

Last edited:

libarata

Expedition Leader
Yup, the previous article I read did not make mention of it. So the Wagoneer is just going to be the new commander. That is too sad. those Wagoneer were so awesome! The new ones? I already hate the idea of it...

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
A Waggie could be a home run or strike-out depending on platform.
Hope they think it through better than the Commander atrocity.

libarata

Expedition Leader
A Waggie could be a home run or strike-out depending on platform.
Hope they think it through better than the Commander atrocity.

I dunno, I see the new Cherokee as a bust in my eyes. Absolutely nothing like its ancestors. Dropping the Liberty after its refresh, was a bust. I was SO excited, till I read the above article. It is going to be a grocery getter, and fat kid hauler.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I dunno, I see the new Cherokee as a bust in my eyes. Absolutely nothing like its ancestors. Dropping the Liberty after its refresh, was a bust. I was SO excited, till I read the above article. It is going to be a grocery getter, and fat kid hauler.
Maybe it will be built on the Wrangler platform.
FIAT makes the Massif for other markets; could see that as the platform...

I won't judge it 'til I see it. I liked the old Waggies.

libarata

Expedition Leader
They should follow through with the Cherokee-> Grand Cherokee theme, and bring out a Wagoneer based off of a beefed up JKU frame, with upped cargo, and hauling capabilities, while maintaining as much rough road capabilities. THAT would be a Wagoneer in my eyes.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Im going to hope it will be a home run and it is an SUV based off the JKUR platform. But, lets be realistic, probably wont happen.

AZJim

Observer
The Grand Wagoneer has been an off and on project for the last few years. It was decided to wait until the remake of the Grand Cherokee. As was indicated in last years five year plan.
As far as the Commander is concerned, it's main purpose was as a study in flex manufacturing, it was designed to be built within the platform of the Grand Cherokee. Platform meaning the dimensions and hard points in manufacturing. That compromised it's size due to constraints along the assembly lines. But not a failure.
From that the next (current) Grand Cherokee platform was made more flexible to allow for different sizes. Witness the Durango being built on the same assembly line and it's longer and with three rows of seating. A new Grand Wagoneer will not be just another Commander.

Jim

ADVW/Liam

Adventurer
Dont get your hopes up yet boys... Look at the Jeep Renegade... It's a re-badged Fiat. Look closely and you can see a lot of the Fiat 500 there. Who knows what the Grand Wagoneer will have mixed in with it. Maybe some bastardized version of the Fiat Doblo. I absolutely love the old Wagoneers, and I hope Jeep execs will stand their ground against too much Fiat influence.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
I got it. Luxury of a Grand Cherokee, a little bit smaller than a commander, offroad ability of a JKUR.

With a diesel just because its the new cool thing.

Cringe

Observer
Dont get your hopes up yet boys... Look at the Jeep Renegade... It's a re-badged Fiat. Look closely and you can see a lot of the Fiat 500 there. Who knows what the Grand Wagoneer will have mixed in with it. Maybe some bastardized version of the Fiat Doblo. I absolutely love the old Wagoneers, and I hope Jeep execs will stand their ground against too much Fiat influence.

You mean the Fiat Panda:

Fiat-Panda-Cross.jpg

I think a Grand Wagoneer would be interesting, if they don't screw it up, but I do wonder if there is actually a market for it. Jeep does a lot of stuff that just leaves me shaking my head.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I got it. Luxury of a Grand Cherokee, a little bit smaller than a commander, offroad ability of a JKUR.

With a diesel just because its the new cool thing.
And a 40" wide hatch that can fit a full pallet.

With a snorkel.

and fit 35s without mods.

...what else are we missing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94