2018 JK build- GOBI

TheLoneJeeper

Man those Steer smarts tie rod and drag link are BEEFY. Those are for sure going on my list!
Wow. I agree. I spent the last 2 hours reading reviews and I'm in love now. But I can't find it in Canada. NorthRidge 4x4 or ExtremeTerrain aren't shipping to Canada and I don't thrust Quadratec USA anymore. If anyone here is selling Steer Smarts (ebay, affiliate program or whatever), please feel free to send me a private message.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Wow. I agree. I spent the last 2 hours reading reviews and I'm in love now. But I can't find it in Canada. NorthRidge 4x4 or ExtremeTerrain aren't shipping to Canada and I don't thrust Quadratec USA anymore. If anyone here is selling Steer Smarts (ebay, affiliate program or whatever), please feel free to send me a private message.
Does Steer Smarts not ship to Canada from them directly?

Blue Baby Sound

Adventurer
I'm totally happy with the steersmarts stuff, we run them on both our Jeeps. I'm sure they can ship to Canada, just message them through the website.

Here's a pic from yesterday, first time to take the top off. Went for a long ride with the wife and doggy.

Blue Baby Sound

Adventurer
We took the family and both Jeeps to the Ouachita National Forest for the last week.

and this..... :)

Thanks to my 18 yr old daughter who I love SO much!! LOL

Blue Baby Sound

Adventurer
Got quite a few things done this week.

Bartact seat covers and armrest

Heated seats

and some coms

3 days in the Ozark National Forest coming up this this weekend, taking both Jeeps :D

Blue Baby Sound

Adventurer
Just got home from the Ozarks, it's a beautiful time of year there.
We took both Jeeps for 3 days in the forest, base camp style. The kids drove my JKUR and the wife and I (mostly the wife) drove her '18 JK.

Last edited:

SoDakSooner

Adventurer
Good weekend Jeff. Wish I could have done more than Saturday, but baseball called! I have a few pics too but they haven't uploaded yet. I'll get them to you.

Rescue Chet

Awesome build - thanks for the info and pics!

I am interested in hearing about your decision to go with the Tera Flex axles since there are other options such as MOPAR (Dana), Currie, etc. My plans include purchasing a new Jeep next year and I too have been weighing the differences between building a Sport or going with a Rubicon. Your thoughts?

Blue Baby Sound

Adventurer
Awesome build - thanks for the info and pics!

I am interested in hearing about your decision to go with the Tera Flex axles since there are other options such as MOPAR (Dana), Currie, etc. My plans include purchasing a new Jeep next year and I too have been weighing the differences between building a Sport or going with a Rubicon. Your thoughts?
Thanks, Chet!

I'm sure all those brands are a good axle. I narrowed down my search to Dynatrac and Teraflex, went with TF for a couple of reasons.
  • Teraflex 3.25" tubes compared to Dynatracs 3", both have an option for .5" thickness.
  • Brackets- My buddies with Dynatrac axles have a severe angle on the passenger side quick disco end link up front, the Teraflex brackets line up perfectly.
  • Lower shock mounts are moved outboard 1.5" on the Tera44
  • Fit/finish on the TF axle is second to none, you need to see them compared to other axles.
As far as Sport vs Rubicon, the main reason we started with a Sport is the 2:72 t-case, for overland I prefer it over the 4:1 of the Rubi.

Good luck with your Jeep and build!!

Blue Baby Sound

Adventurer
Took the wife, kids, dog and both Jeeps for a few days of camping and wheeling thru the Ozark National Forest.

Our first day was spent trekking thru the Wilderness Rider Buffalo Ranch LINK
Good scenery but the trails could have been better IMO. Still better than a day at the office :)

We went into the Ozark National Forest in the late afternoon and set camp around 6 that evening.
The next day was spent exploring trails in the forest and a small hike for some of the group, while others went to set camp.

The third day was the most challenging and we were down to three rigs. There were more water crossings than we usually do and we all thought they were the deepest we'd done as well.
At the end of the day we came to a controlled burn and had to re-route around it.

Last edited: