2018 JK build- GOBI

Man those Steer smarts tie rod and drag link are BEEFY. Those are for sure going on my list!
Wow. I agree. I spent the last 2 hours reading reviews and I'm in love now. But I can't find it in Canada. NorthRidge 4x4 or ExtremeTerrain aren't shipping to Canada and I don't thrust Quadratec USA anymore. If anyone here is selling Steer Smarts (ebay, affiliate program or whatever), please feel free to send me a private message.

Wow. I agree. I spent the last 2 hours reading reviews and I'm in love now. But I can't find it in Canada. NorthRidge 4x4 or ExtremeTerrain aren't shipping to Canada and I don't thrust Quadratec USA anymore. If anyone here is selling Steer Smarts (ebay, affiliate program or whatever), please feel free to send me a private message.
Does Steer Smarts not ship to Canada from them directly?

Got quite a few things done this week.

Bartact seat covers and armrest

Heated seats

and some coms

3 days in the Ozark National Forest coming up this this weekend, taking both Jeeps :D

Just got home from the Ozarks, it's a beautiful time of year there.
We took both Jeeps for 3 days in the forest, base camp style. The kids drove my JKUR and the wife and I (mostly the wife) drove her '18 JK.

Last edited:
Good weekend Jeff. Wish I could have done more than Saturday, but baseball called! I have a few pics too but they haven't uploaded yet. I'll get them to you.

Awesome build - thanks for the info and pics!

I am interested in hearing about your decision to go with the Tera Flex axles since there are other options such as MOPAR (Dana), Currie, etc. My plans include purchasing a new Jeep next year and I too have been weighing the differences between building a Sport or going with a Rubicon. Your thoughts?

Awesome build - thanks for the info and pics!

I am interested in hearing about your decision to go with the Tera Flex axles since there are other options such as MOPAR (Dana), Currie, etc. My plans include purchasing a new Jeep next year and I too have been weighing the differences between building a Sport or going with a Rubicon. Your thoughts?
Thanks, Chet!

I'm sure all those brands are a good axle. I narrowed down my search to Dynatrac and Teraflex, went with TF for a couple of reasons.
  • Teraflex 3.25" tubes compared to Dynatracs 3", both have an option for .5" thickness.
  • Brackets- My buddies with Dynatrac axles have a severe angle on the passenger side quick disco end link up front, the Teraflex brackets line up perfectly.
  • Lower shock mounts are moved outboard 1.5" on the Tera44
  • Fit/finish on the TF axle is second to none, you need to see them compared to other axles.
As far as Sport vs Rubicon, the main reason we started with a Sport is the 2:72 t-case, for overland I prefer it over the 4:1 of the Rubi.

Good luck with your Jeep and build!!