2018 Ram 3500 Expedition Family Adventure Vehicle

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
ROFLMAO!!!!

It is a bit heavy for sure. It helps to roll the tire up your leg to knee height, then pick it up. Or use your MaxTrax as a ramp. I've dealt with this on many occasions, but it sure as hell beats putting in on and pulling it off of the top rack on your topper. Tons of wheelers do this, and it sucks when getting it up there. I'll take this any day of the week. As with anything, there is a technique. ;)

you should see me mount a tire on the axle flanges. roll it up onto my thighs and hump it into position.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
you should see me mount a tire on the axle flanges. roll it up onto my thighs and hump it into position.

Stop tire sexual harassment!!!

I have found the easiest way is to shimmy the tire/wheel under the axle with the lug pattern closely aligned to the hub and then easily lift the wheel/tire with your toes. This is a good workout replacement for your calves lol.

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
ROFLMAO!!!!

dealt with this on many occasions, but it sure as hell beats putting in on and pulling it off of the top rack on your topper. Tons of wheelers do this, and it sucks when getting it up there. ;)

There is no way in hell I'd be lifting a 37" tire the 7 feet up on my Leer topper. There is so much glass on the way to break! SO much glass...

Kingsize24

LOL... We need a demo tape! :ROFLMAO:

Stop tire sexual harassment!!!

I have found the easiest way is to shimmy the tire/wheel under the axle with the lug pattern closely aligned to the hub and then easily lift the wheel/tire with your toes. This is a good workout replacement for your calves lol.

Yep... Done that maneuver before.

There is no way in hell I'd be lifting a 37" tire the 7 feet up on my Leer topper. There is so much glass on the way to break! SO much glass...

Agreed... It ain't happenin'. No way in hell, hence the bumper location. Much better solution IMO. I honestly think a 35 is too big up there, but I've seen em'.

Oilbrnr

Hmm, hmm, hmm.

I spoke with Sarah (sp?) about two weeks ago and she did leave me a VM. The unit Marshall has is a prototype and yada-yada. I told her to ex-nay the shackle tabs as they are pointless IMHO if you are keeping the OEM hitch. The fact that the holes are not orented nor spaced correctly is yet more disturbing for the sensors.

Ugg. When you fork over this much dinero, you kinda want ******** to work. Suppose I'm spoiled with gear from other vendors like Slee. Unfortunately Christo doesn't make FCA stuff.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Hmm, hmm, hmm.

I spoke with Sarah (sp?) about two weeks ago and she did leave me a VM. The unit Marshall has is a prototype and yada-yada. I told her to ex-nay the shackle tabs as they are pointless IMHO if you are keeping the OEM hitch. The fact that the holes are not orented nor spaced correctly is yet more disturbing for the sensors.

Ugg. When you fork over this much dinero, you kinda want **** to work. Suppose I'm spoiled with gear from other vendors like Slee. Unfortunately Christo doesn't make FCA stuff.

This is my stance on the situation. Sure, we all got by without the sensors and cameras in past years, but it's 2018 and this stuff is the norm nowadays. If you can't produce a fully functioning product then you shouldn't release it to the public or you should eliminate or modify those problematic features from the final design. I expect better out of a company like Expo1, especially at $3K.

Christo makes top tier stuff, I had Slee products on all of my cruisers. I can't wait to have a 200 series in the garage, it'll certainly have some Slee products on it.

Kingsize24

$3K for a bumper that is not perfect is ridiculous

This is the response I got from EXP-1.

I found out that these bolts really serve no purpose because the bumper is mounted to the frame. We have had some people just pound the bolts out, some are pressed in and some are welded on the back side and others just cut the bolts. I found out another person bolted the license plate on and bent the plate around the bolts.

I hope this makes sense. Did you need the led lights for the license plate? Do you need anything else?

Thanks,
Roger

So bend the plate around the bolts, or remove the bumper studs that support the class V hitch. I don't like that, but I can correct it myself later.

On another note... I did move the tire over and down the maximum amount to allow both gates to function, the tire to fit before hitting the lower swing arm release, and the passenger light to be properly seen from behind. I will be making my own spacer plate to mount the license plate in the space provided WITHOUT cutting the bolts. I will not be removing a support piece of the hitch.

20180620_154408.jpg20180620_154456.jpg20180620_154559.jpg

Last edited:

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
That sucks. Because the bumper looks awesome and would have allowed me to carry a full size spare.

What also sucks is that this thread has almost 9000 views and a ton of their potential customers are in that number.

Kingsize24

That sucks. Because the bumper looks awesome and would have allowed me to carry a full size spare.

Agreed. And I'm not saying don't buy it since it truly is the only option right now. Just know what you are getting into before you do. Most of these things are small issues, but as you and others have said, not something you should have to deal with on a 3k dollar piece of equipment.

ttengineer

Adventurer
It sounds like they are just going through growing pains. ie too many irons in the fire.

They have gotten very big very fast and I imagine the growth is difficult to manage efficiently. Especially at the rate this industry is currently growing at. I’d just give them some time to work out their issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Explorerinil

Observer
Agreed. And I'm not saying don't buy it since it truly is the only option right now. Just know what you are getting into before you do. Most of these things are small issues, but as you and others have said, not something you should have to deal with on a 3k dollar piece of equipment.
It’s not the only option, there is a guy local to me that has an aluminess bumper with the swing out and has backup sensors on his truck... and it works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne