2018 Ram 3500 Expedition Family Adventure Vehicle

Explorerinil

Observer
If the other bumper from EXP1 that a member on here has is a prototype, why did they take orders and release them to the public for sale? I’m very glad I did not buy their product, they send out something that doesn’t work as advertised and don’t back what they sell.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Aluminess makes a dual swing out rear bumper as well. I don't think it looks nearly as good as the Expo1 bumper but it is certainly not the only option at the moment.

It sounds like they are just going through growing pains. ie too many irons in the fire.

They have gotten very big very fast and I imagine the growth is difficult to manage efficiently. Especially at the rate this industry is currently growing at. I’d just give them some time to work out their issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The point is that you don't release a product before you have worked those issues out, tough ******** that the industry is growing and everyone wants a piece, do things correctly and make good on your offering from the start. You certainly don't avoid the issues when confronted about them or offer less than ideal, rudimentary fixes for your mistakes that must be undertaken by the end user themselves with no offer to refund even partially the faulty product.

Explorerinil

Observer
Aluminess makes a dual swing out rear bumper as well. I don't think it looks nearly as good as the Expo1 bumper but it is certainly not the only option at the moment.

The point is that you don't release a product before you have worked those issues out, tough **** that the industry is growing and everyone wants a piece, do things correctly and make good on your offering from the start. You certainly don't avoid the issues when confronted about them or offer less than ideal, rudimentary fixes for your mistakes that must be undertaken by the end user themselves with no offer to refund even partially the faulty product.
Your right! When that bumper hit SEMA I called the company, they gave me a production date, I called them and they said they were ready for sale and offered a 10% discount, I did not buy the bumper because I had other issues that came up, I was disappointed that I missed the 10% discount, now I’m glad I did not buy it after hearing this bs and their response.

Oilbrnr

Ugg. Did I say ugg before? Yeah, pretty sure I did.

Very upsetting. And, Aluminess is not an option. Think about it, you drop off a shelf in UT or here in AZ on the corner, guess what will happen. And hell, even this won't support a PW or Cummins on a corner more than likely. Zero gusseting back to the frame rail.

Kingsize24

It’s not the only option, there is a guy local to me that has an aluminess bumper with the swing out and has backup sensors on his truck... and it works.

True... I thought about Aluminess for mine, but in the end I wanted a heavy duty steel bumper, so I ordered this and an Aluminess box. IMO there are better places to utilize aluminum. I want something substantial front and rear. Not that they are not, just not as tough as steel. Maybe it's stupid, but that was my way of justifying it.

chet6.7

Explorer

The point is that you don't release a product before you have worked those issues out, tough **** that the industry is growing and everyone wants a piece, do things correctly and make good on your offering from the start. You certainly don't avoid the issues when confronted about them or offer less than ideal, rudimentary fixes for your mistakes that must be undertaken by the end user themselves with no offer to refund even partially the faulty product.

I am not sure the Aluminess bumper is the right choice;

https://expeditionportal.com/forum/...tsmobile-design-failures.189324/#post-2430480

https://expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/my-junk.123192/page-2

One poster said it has a 150lb load limit,I don't recall seeing that on their site,the pictures they show with the additional generator box make it look like it can hold a lot of weight. I would have bought one if I could trust it,even though I don't think AL is the best material for a rear bumper.I allowed AEV to string me out for a couple of years on a rear bumper,shame on me. I thought a company making trucks with 40" tires would turn out a strong bumper that would hold a spare tire. I guess I will have to make the best of the Expo bumper as I need a bumper and I am getting old.

Last edited:

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Christo probably wouldn't give up that info right out of the gate, but maybe he'd pass along the interest in such a venture to his manufacturer? I might drop him a line tonight and see if he has any desire to tackle it. He makes excellent sliders too, it would be nice to see another entry to the slider market for these trucks.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I fired off an email to Christo, fingers crossed that he's interested or willing to look into it further. I'll keep y'all updated once I hear back.

Kingsize24

Christo probably wouldn't give up that info right out of the gate, but maybe he'd pass along the interest in such a venture to his manufacturer? I might drop him a line tonight and see if he has any desire to tackle it. He makes excellent sliders too, it would be nice to see another entry to the slider market for these trucks.
I fired off an email to Christo, fingers crossed that he's interested or willing to look into it further. I'll keep y'all updated once I hear back.

Dude!!! Awesome. Hopefully it is something he is doing, or is willing to do. Let us know!

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
Chris Cordes loves his buckstop (customized with a dual swing) and Basil Lynch has one of their front bumpers and gives it high praise as well.

Hopefully Christo will branch off from his Toyota exclusivity and would be interested in making something. The fourth gen Ram market is growing like crazy thanks (initially) to AEV

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
Chris Cordes loves his buckstop (customized with a dual swing) and Basil Lynch has one of their front bumpers and gives it high praise as well.

Hopefully Christo will branch off from his Toyota exclusivity and would be interested in making something. The fourth gen Ram market is growing like crazy thanks (initially) to AEV

Do you have a like to some pics of Chris Cordes' bumper? The only pic i saw on their site was the Superduty.

Boz

Observer
Do you have a like to some pics of Chris Cordes' bumper? The only pic i saw on their site was the Superduty.

My last post man, I posted a pic of Chris' (you have to actually click the attachment for some reason).

Edit, lets try again.

9zpqzg3-jpg.455814

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz